Thread: Vibration in front end when slowing down

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrol2.8 View Post
    Vibrates without brakes starts as soon as i take my foot off the go pedal the wheel bearings seem ok and doesnt seem to be any play in uni joints could it be the clutch its started slipping
    If it's doing it when you back off the throttle without braking then id say uni's are a definite.
    I just had my uni joints changed. There was no movement in them but they were stuffed. They go stiff for a while before the flog out and feel loose.

FanTapstic!
    Hello from Under Down Under!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

patrol2.8 (26th April 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tas will check it out when i get the car back did a trip along the border track a couple of weeks ago and ti took its toll on the car have had to do the hubs as they came loose broke a sway bar bracket and now the clutch has started slipping
    Theres only one thing tougher than my truck............. YES DEAR GOING TO DO THE LAWNS NOW
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well its not the uni`s will look at the brakes and engine mounts next will also be upgrading to heavy duty panhards etc over the next few months thinking could be the brakes i did throw in new pads on the front about 6 months ago swapped them on a trip so didnt get the discs machined if its that will most likely do a brake upgrade aswell
    Theres only one thing tougher than my truck............. YES DEAR GOING TO DO THE LAWNS NOW
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those disc's will surprise you how they can be the root of problems.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so had it looked at and thier saying tie rods are worn so will replace them this week

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you feel it through the steering wheel and or what makes you say its in the front end and what sort of rims do you have ie steel or alloys
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant feel it through the steering ive managed to quiet it down by replacing the tierods behind the front diff and have just orderd a H/d adjustable front draglink as both both units had/have movement in them will be replacing panhards with H/D items over the next couple of months had the discs looked at and there all ok but will replace with upgraded units eventually im probably going about this all wrong and replacing things that dont need to be but these have been on the car since new and are showing signs of wear n tear and i look at it this way at least im building a collection of useable spares lol

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clutch or Uni's would be my guess.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im up for a guess at a rear buckled rim or 2
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it only do it in 4wd? If so, and it isn't any of the other suggestions, maybe front cv joints or even diff gears are chewed out on the rear of the teeth.

If not only in 4wd, is it only noticeable in certain gears? I had the countershaft bearing fail in mine and caused a vibration and noise throughout the whole car (not just the front end).

Otherwise, check the uni joints and wheel bearings, just work with process of elimination and it shouldn't be too hard to find.
    1998 GU Wagon, RD28ETI, Custom Exhaust, Chipped, Go Baby Go Switch, No plans to swap it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast