OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: GQ wagon belly tanks into GU wagon?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ wagon belly tanks into GU wagon?

Has anybody put or thought about putting a GQ belly tank of about 80litres into a GU? Is it at all possible? I have a 2003 4.8st and would like to roughly double my belly tank size but i am looking for a cheaper alternative to paying the rather large sums companies want for a new tank to bolt straight in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, we ask new members to post an I for thread and say G'day before asking questions. Please head over to the intro section and tell us a little about yourself before asking any more questions.

Re your question:

There is a fair bit of stuffing around to fit a GQ LRA sub tank into a GU unfortunately. I was hoping to do the same thing as the GQ ones come up all the time.

The rear tank on the other hand is a straight bolt up!
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 20th April 2013 at 07:52 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MudRunner, i just did the intro thing. It looks like its possible to me if ya dont mind cutting brackets off your xmembers but i dont want to be pioneering this 2 months b4 i go to the Cape. Thought i'd see what others had done or thought about this.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes if you ok to cut the brackets off and weld the fuel cell then I understand it should fit.

Chase up a 147lt rear tank if you can mate. They are around and bolt straight up
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was thinking the same thing
    Two on eBay now