Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Wood River Fishing/Drinking Session

Gday everyone,

just wanted to get some info from everyone about the blackwood, ive only ever been to the main camping spot just outside of augusta, im hoping to find a more secluded spot, with some good fishing anywhere along the blackwood, does anyone have any good little spots they are willing to share? maybe something with a trout bite?

cheers
    Royce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Royce,
    The only two spots I know of are quite popular ( but I'm sure there must be plenty more). Alexander's bridge & Sue's bridge, both out towards Nannup. River is fairly big so whilst I'm sure there should be fish, I doubt whether you'd get trout. I recall riding my motorcycle along the river on the opposite side of the bridge to the campground at Alexander's, there were plenty of small tracks & evidence of individual camps.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hey mate,check out the Warren river NP,great camping and not a bad trout area,also donnelly river.if you do venture down this way get a holld of me via pm and i'll show you around a bit.