OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Border Track (yep another thread, hopefully different)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm heading to the area this weekend and plan on doing border track Sunday on the way home. Will report back

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmak View Post
    I'm heading to the area this weekend and plan on doing border track Sunday on the way home. Will report back
    You do realise the boarder track is mostly one way, north to south. So you need to start around pinnaroo and head south..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I know that and considering I live a little south of border track I don't plan on going home in a northerly direction

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmak For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (24th April 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you located?

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West vic near grampians

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Westy, 7 out of 11 cars are Gq or gu's. The others are in Toyota's and can suffer in their jocks and rescue each other. Hahaha.... Nah, just japes. We'll help them out... Yet again!

I think we would find it difficult not to get on with the locals! Always do. I think we will be definitely be having a chat to them at the pub and suss sing a few things out. Spewing the locals have sold the properties up there... Even to simply drop by for a chat.

Thanks for your reply Ed. We are all planning on it being really cold. The hardest part is always getting from the. Fire to the swag

After much discussion, we are heading to Pinnaroo on the Thursday night to stay at the golden grain. Up early (in some sort of coherent condition hopefully) and running the track through to red bluff and setting up base camp there for the Friday and Saturday night. That way we can have a good play around in Ngarkat for two days.

We figure it was a bit of a rush trying to do the border track AND little desert in 2 1/2 days so little desert will wait until next year.

I guess we thought that it be best to actually have a good look around one area rather than try to zip in and out of a few. I guess as you mentioned Westy, you could probably spend a while up that way and still not see it all.

I will definitely post once we get back. Not sure when that will be as we are still trying to figure out when we are going :$

Cheers, Dave
    dave's 4x4 trips
    93 GQ Maverick with fun stuff

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducer View Post
    Westy, 7 out of 11 cars are Gq or gu's. The others are in Toyota's and can suffer in their jocks and rescue each other. Hahaha.... Nah, just japes. We'll help them out... Yet again!

I think we would find it difficult not to get on with the locals! Always do. I think we will be definitely be having a chat to them at the pub and suss sing a few things out. Spewing the locals have sold the properties up there... Even to simply drop by for a chat.

Thanks for your reply Ed. We are all planning on it being really cold. The hardest part is always getting from the. Fire to the swag

After much discussion, we are heading to Pinnaroo on the Thursday night to stay at the golden grain. Up early (in some sort of coherent condition hopefully) and running the track through to red bluff and setting up base camp there for the Friday and Saturday night. That way we can have a good play around in Ngarkat for two days.

We figure it was a bit of a rush trying to do the border track AND little desert in 2 1/2 days so little desert will wait until next year.

I guess we thought that it be best to actually have a good look around one area rather than try to zip in and out of a few. I guess as you mentioned Westy, you could probably spend a while up that way and still not see it all.

I will definitely post once we get back. Not sure when that will be as we are still trying to figure out when we are going :$

Cheers, Dave

Sounds good. Yea I've been up there 4 times now and yet to do it all..
    If the boys wanna play in mud and bog holes the head to little dessert. Ngarkat is more of a touring, exploring park. Some small puddles but nothing a x trail couldn't do. Mind you the x trail followed us right down the track and threw little desert one year.. they took most of the chicken tracks though..

If you wanna add something to the trip there are a few geochaches in ngarkat park, so could be a fun witch hunt style game..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Track was in pretty good condition but got rough in a few sections.

Had no troubles but it was very dry and deep sand so i took a couple of chicken tracks as we didn't have the time to spend trying.

Didn't expect it to take so long and just made it out before it got too dark so make sure you give it plenty of time ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368353857.181007.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368353893.017473.jpg

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bmak For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (12th May 2013), Ducer (12th May 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top effort mate. A full day.. Geeze those yotas must have slowed you down...
    So what you think of the locals? Any drinking comps..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of time is what we have on that weekend :P

Where did you enter and leave the track?
    dave's 4x4 trips
    93 GQ Maverick with fun stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12