Hi All,

Apologies for not posting for a couple of months... kids work blah.

Wasn't sure whether this thread should go into SA or Vic... feel free to move.

Sometime in May we are doing to do the Border Track from Pinnaroo down and across into little desert before coming home. We have 3 days to get down and across. No biggy if we don't do Little Desert but if we are going to the trouble of going to the border track, might as well make the most of our time there.

As per normal, I am organising the trip but have never been over that way so I have no idea, hence I would love some feedback if possible.

So... Question I have -

1st nights accom
Has anyone stayed, eaten or had any experience at the any of the following pubs?:

- Underbool
- Murrayville
- Golden Grain, Pinnaroo

We are planning on meeting and staying the night at one of these before heading off the next morn. Are they good pubs? Do they have bloody cold beer? Is the grub good? Can we chuck a swag out etc?

Have called them all to suss it out and they all seem great but 1st hand experience is always better

Camping

Camping on the way seems to be fairly easily accessible and easy to get to. Does anyone know if we have to get a permit on the SA side? Are there any camp spots better than the others?

Tracks

Off the Border Track itself, are there other tracks that are worth seeing/doing. i.e better, more fun or even just worth the view etc? Is there anything worth seeing along the way?

Anything else that you can add would help immensely and would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to hearing any thoughts.

Cheers, Dave