OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: GQ auto problem- ALMOST fixed still need some help/ideas/suggestions to nail it

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    They probable fell off, hey Lucas *LMAO*

No its not common, most run what they call Rock Sliders which are just beefed up side steps and most run Steel bars
    lol well i took the factory side steps off before i ripped them off (they are totally soft and weak). The bullbar on the other hand: I had a alloy one and snapped a tree off with it so it was a little bit bunged up after that lol. So then i sourced a nice steel one and got a mate to modify it. Its been painted and ive just picked it up so ill have a big fat steely on it soon. Definately been playing with fire driving at speed through the bush with any front bar.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    I am still speculating that your torque converter has died or nearly there. In mine the bearing in it failed, destroying the tc and cooking the rest of the box. In mine, due to the postition of reverse (3rd shares a common clutch), i melted all the teeth off reverse, losing reverse and 3rd. ime
    Im not saying thats whats happened to yours, mine was a worst case scenario, but still something to consider.
    Yeah, I give up speculating on what caused it. If it isn't totally stuffed now, it's only a matter of time until it gets there.

I took my trans oil cooler off yesterday (still in really good nick on the outside), but when I tipped the oil out it was black! I think cooler must've been blocked. But I changed the oil/filter in the auto not that long ago, and the oil going into the radiator is still the proper reddish colour. I applied air pressure and flushed it with clean oil and put it back on.

Haven't had a chance to see if it made a difference as I lost reverse later that night, and haven't driven it since.....
    Do your research. Learn the rules. Learn the game. Be successful.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After however many years of dormancy since my last post, I have decided to dust the thing off, remove all of the stored car parts I have inside of it, and have another go at getting this thing back on the road.
    Do your research. Learn the rules. Learn the game. Be successful.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456