Thread: Speakers into middle doors. Or other ideas

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by healy View Post
    I'm saying 6x9s are shocking compared to 6.5s I suggest kallen go to a jb hifi or similar were you can play on the wall you will tell the difference big time it's clearer it's not just a cr4ppy bass sound as 6x9s or 7x10s etc will produce and running 6.5s around the doors you won't need subs as that's the point of a split
    Sorry mate but you are wrong here, 6.5" splits are not a substitute for subs and never will be, if you want sub 100hz frequency bass "that works", you need a sub, actually ,the whole point of splits, is to allow the installer to best place the tweeter, to obtain accurate audio staging and sound quality to suit the enviroment (the car).

Subs tend to have a much larger dia cone, as well as much longer cone travel, both designed to move a greater volume of air, this movement is often what we feel as bass, and is responsible for higher SPL (sound pressure level), so remember, a 6x9 has a slightly larger main cone (approx 8" round), so it has the potential to move more air than a 6" driver.

To be honest, Ive never heard any speakers from the xplode range that sound good, i am starting to think perhaps our idea of "good" is far apart ?

As for Alpine, yes i always ran top of the line Alpine head units in my comp systems, and still own Alpine head units in 2 cars, but some of the cheap entry level headunits have a very "made in china" sound i dont much like, in entry level gear i think heaps of brands would be equal or better.

It frustrates me a little, when you guys are basically saying, a two piece speaker is better than a single bigger speaker 100% of the time, all im saying is this is just not the case, im not saying one is better than the other, as it depends on the enclosure available, buget, install, installer ,way too many variables to say one is "always" better (but that is what you are saying anyway)

Anyway ,look this could go on for ages (lol) and does not help tho OP much now !
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, the more pricey alpine gear is the way to go, had it in 2 cars also and has always performed!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,652 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys, no need for a debate on speaker size, were all equal and its not the size but how you use it...

How about which speaker position will give the best speaker range. Imo the across the top. Its a non obscured line for the high pitch, but a nice size box for the bass..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories

Ps, 6x9 4 ways rule supreme...
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate ive got 6 1/2 cobalt splits in the front,6 1/2 cobalt 3 ways in rear doors and 2, 8 inch subs in draw system facing rear seat,amp under drivers seat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gu8 patrol For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (11th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Setting up a sound system is a science and I really mean it, a few mates work at JB HI FI and they blow me away when they start waffling on.
    Kallen saw you spotted that rear speaker set up on another thread, very neat install BTW,
    Dont forget the old RIVNUT tool , makes intalling bits neater and easier, Not sure if blue mood lighting
    would be your thing though lol more a red guy IMO lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Setting up a sound system is a science and I really mean it, a few mates work at JB HI FI and they blow me away when they start waffling on.
    Kallen saw you spotted that rear speaker set up on another thread, very neat install BTW,
    Dont forget the old RIVNUT tool , makes intalling bits neater and easier, Not sure if blue mood lighting
    would be your thing though lol more a red guy IMO lol
    Yea I know.. had a few setups back in the day. Use to do comps and won a few of the basic, budget categories.. my eb falcon could be heard miles away..
    Dislodged the boot skin several times..
    Well ill do the front roof console and template up some points to see how it looks..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you go? I want to do the same now I chopped into a dual cab. Front only speakers suck...

tip it tap it slap it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Airstrike For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (16th April 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airstrike View Post
    How did you go? I want to do the same now I chopped into a dual cab. Front only speakers suck...

tip it tap it slap it
    Well after looking at it the middle row covers most of the door pannel, so it may not be any better.. will have a play..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...zzy-s-GQ/page3

Does mě just fine. Cheap and a good sound.

Ozz
    TB42E manual 1996 GQ 30 year anniversary
    33" maxxi bighorns, 3" EFS & Accessories

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ozzyboy For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (16th April 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good Ozzy.. Did you do anything with the back seat doors? I am trying to get 4 speakers in all 4 doors now I have no rear end.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast