Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Manuals

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted in an earlier thread which had seemed to demonstrate the comradery and approach that would have probably initiated the forum back in the day and there has been many other threads the same…I am relatively new to forums , in fact this is the only one I am in , and being extremely new to here compared to a lot of blokes and ladies involved , I don’t think I am even qualified to get involved with the politics of this thread.
    Macca has started this thread because he has concerns and frustrations along with other members also and probably rightly so..I was not aware of this manual thing until a thread about 3 weeks ago mentioning it so it just goes to show how much I read , I just jump in ! lol..I was thinking that with an issue such as this that maybe it is a better idea for Administrators , moderators , and long term associates who may have influence with the runnings etc to initiate the discussions by way of PM’s or other forms of contact to discuss any solutions rather than expose it to the world .
    I joined this forum to be part of something that I am also interested in and at the same time to hopefully involve my cheese and kisses who is english limited being from a different country from her comfort zone of expat friends to meet other fair dinkum aussies in events if the occasion arises and is convenient ,so everyone joins for a myriad of reasons and there is obviously going to be exploitation from some people for the wrong reasons if it is on offer…I don’t have the answers , shit..I wouldn’t have a clue how to run something like this on a day to day basis but as a newbie I couldn’t help but think , what are thoughts of oneself unless 400 odd posts etc are completed ..I am like a blue heeler , I hang in there but I wondered if any other potential newbies would divert somewhere else for fear of being seen in the same light as a “manual exploiter “ until a certain amount of posts completed due to the exposure of the distaste it creates .
    I hope I haven’t overstepped my mark by putting thoughts to words and by all means ..tell me to piss off , but as I said before I am like a blue heeler , I hang on and copted on the chin…lolololol
    Cheers all

PM..I have all my own manuals , workshop manuals and CD’s and a world of knowledge here….lolololol but thanks for the offer that I obviously missed when joining

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to menace 2 For This Useful Post:

Great Southern Camping (13th June 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (13th June 2013), seehuusen (14th February 2018), Woof (14th June 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Appreciate your post mate and a very justified comment to boot.

I think the main issue I have with all this is the lack of respect to the person who signs up knowing full well of the 25 post rule and the reason why this in place to suddenly put up their first post as a blatant rant and disrespect to the forum. They are in fact exploiting us so a reply to their rant is justified without hiding it in PM's. They asked a question and or had a rant and they will get a reply.

I have tried my best to educate visitors of the rule so they do not "waste their time" when they come to the forum. If you go the forum not logged in it is plastered at the top of the page highlighted in yellow and as a sticky in the manuals section and no doubt 400 other pages throughout the forum.

The forum is just too big to handle that kind of download. The Y62 manual is free to download as a test I ran and only last month it racked up 2TB of resources in only one month. If I opened up all the Y60/GQ and Y61/GU manuals than the user experience (being the members) that I care about would be extremely frustrating with the speed of the forum pages loading.

Anyways back to your second question...lol

I wondered if any other potential newbies would divert somewhere else for fear of being seen in the same light as a “manual exploiter “
    As rude as this may sound on text...If any potential members divert somewhere else for fear of being seen in the same light then do we really want that type of person on our forum?

If you have been bought up with respect to people and can follow a simple 5 minute rule for very justified reasons then you will not find any of this disrespectful nor feel any reason to be scared of joining the community. As explained above with the extreme measures I have put in place to advise potential members of the manuals rule inside that explains a very simple way to get them...

Intro = Hi my name is XXXX, I love Patrols and I have a XXXXXX
    Welcome 24 other members, job done, get your manual and I hope they come back.

This brings down the downloads greatly and also eliminates the 4 billion other websites that want to direct link to the manuals URL on our servers.

If anyone can't simply follow that rule which takes about 5 minutes than good luck to them.

to initiate the discussions by way of PM’s
    Unfortunately mate this has been tried a million times with PM's and they simply do not read PM's. They are on here for 1 minute to "exploit" the forum because they are pissed off they can't get something because they have to put a tiny bit of effort in.

Lazy and disrespectful in my book!!!!

This forum was built on respect for each other and whilst there has been politics lately due to my lack of absence I am back on board now and respect will be given!

Good post though mate, I enjoyed writing that and I hope that answered some of your questions!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Clunk (13th June 2013), MudRunnerTD (13th June 2013), Woof (14th June 2013)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I am only still a newbie here at this forum, I totally agree with the 25 post amount. The fact that you need to post 25 posts before getting a manual shouldnt really be an issue. I mean whats the main reason for signing up to a forum anyways? Advice, general Chit Chat etc. I must admit I did search for the manuals online, mostly or the fact I wanted to know what was in them before I bought one for $50 to see if it was relevant. However once introducing myself, and asking a few questions and getting into discussion with other forum members, I wasnt even at my 25 posts and I already had my answer. Kind of made the idea of getting the manual useless. I did however download it once I was up above the 25, noticed that the gregorys one had the relevant info, and now I have a hard copy from ebay too.

Plus the forum is the biggest manual you are going to find anyways, its a living breathing, ever advancing knowledge base. Best thing is, if you cant find the answer you can always ask. Most of the time you get a good response and the answer you were looking for. Cant get that in a hard copy manual. If its not in there, its not gonna change.

Anyways my rant on the matter.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hershal For This Useful Post:

AB (13th June 2013), Clunk (13th June 2013), growler2058 (13th June 2013), Woof (14th June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hershal View Post
    Although I am only still a newbie here at this forum, I totally agree with the 25 post amount. The fact that you need to post 25 posts before getting a manual shouldnt really be an issue. I mean whats the main reason for signing up to a forum anyways? Advice, general Chit Chat etc. I must admit I did search for the manuals online, mostly or the fact I wanted to know what was in them before I bought one for $50 to see if it was relevant. However once introducing myself, and asking a few questions and getting into discussion with other forum members, I wasnt even at my 25 posts and I already had my answer. Kind of made the idea of getting the manual useless. I did however download it once I was up above the 25, noticed that the gregorys one had the relevant info, and now I have a hard copy from ebay too.

Plus the forum is the biggest manual you are going to find anyways, its a living breathing, ever advancing knowledge base. Best thing is, if you cant find the answer you can always ask. Most of the time you get a good response and the answer you were looking for. Cant get that in a hard copy manual. If its not in there, its not gonna change.

Anyways my rant on the matter.
    Good reply mate and thanks for your support!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers AB..as I said , I have no idea of what it takes to run a forum like this and the protection needed to the availability of products...obviously all avenues for communication have been tried by the experts ...
    I had no issues with the reply to the one post approach that came , I could definately understand the frustrations of the blokes...I would be the same if a long termer.. to defend an area I have been a part of for a long time..
    By the PM.s and oher means I meant for you blokes to use to formulate a solution to it ...but that is ok ...lolol
    Thanks for your reply AB
    Cheers Menace

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi guys
    I am a new member as of today but I have used this fantastic forum to rebuild a rb30 nikki carb for a friend using you valuable words of wisdom and experience.
    I agree 100% about the joining of the forum just to download the manuals but would like to suggest that new members could open these manuals so they could look up there problems.
    I have just purchased my own first 4x4 which is a GU st 4500 1998 which has a 100% Nissan service history and has a couple of little things that requires some work and over the next week or so I will be posting for the guys and girls on the forum to help me out.
    keep the good work all
    steve

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 992 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang. I want the manual, but I have only been here 6 years and thousands of posts. Yes I have downloaded a couple but have had better results from those that have been here for a while. Rant rant rant! Can I now say some explicits.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steven69 View Post
    hi guys
    I am a new member as of today but I have used this fantastic forum to rebuild a rb30 nikki carb for a friend using you valuable words of wisdom and experience.
    I agree 100% about the joining of the forum just to download the manuals but would like to suggest that new members could open these manuals so they could look up there problems.
    I have just purchased my own first 4x4 which is a GU st 4500 1998 which has a 100% Nissan service history and has a couple of little things that requires some work and over the next week or so I will be posting for the guys and girls on the forum to help me out.
    keep the good work all
    steve
    You are now good to go download the manuals as/when you need them... this thread is about 3 years old
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (23rd July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just download em maaannnn

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345