User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manuals

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting level to 100 just means 100 spam instead of 25. Mods will be happy with that - not!

tapatalk on galaxy note
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgm For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (10th April 2013), Woof (10th April 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Now now children play nicely.................. now who can tell me they didn't come across this forum doing some search or other for info on Google. Who didn't initially join up, rack up a few posts saying a few gdays to people in the intros before getting a feel for the place and posting up elsewhere.
    And before anyone gets there heckles up, personally im not bothered if the manuals are here or not, I bought my manual off ebay , still yet to download a manual, even though I first came here searching for a gq user manual.
    The ones that go and say Gday in the intros are only doing what is asked of them and at least they're doing it unlike some others that just post rubbish up all over the place from the onset.
    With any luck the ones who post up the 25 intros will hang around a lot longer and join in a bit more, I for one was a slow starter and although I'm no more useful on here than a used bog roll, I still joined In the comradeship and have met a few top guys from being on here.

I personally I think threads like this go against the whole principle of what I believe the forum stands for.

And yes I also find it a pain wading past all the intros threads to look at or read other threads......... but guess what???!!!! I just flick passed them, because quite frankly there are for more pressing things to worry about.

Think about it............

That's just my 2 cents worth......... I'll shut up now

What you tapin at!!!!!????
    Nicely said mate,

I think this subject has been covered plenty!

What is asked of someone to get the manual is to post 25 posts and that's what they do.
    If they are rubbish posts then different story.

Lets move on.

.........on the move

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Clunk (10th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New members are told in the introduction to "welcome a few other members and your post count will be up in no time". That's why a lot of them put up a heap of posts in the intro section.....they are told to!
    I, like a lot of others didn't even come looking for a manual and I was well over 2000 posts when I finally did download it haha. When I comes to car mechanics I'm dumb and no amount if reading the manual will fix that. It's the real people and the real life tips and experience on here that have helped me in my never ending quest to throw money at my patrol:-)
    The only thing that slightly annoys me is the near weekly "what do I need for a 2" suspension lift" question. But I can easily ignore that and go hang some sh!t on Winnie, growler or clunk. :-)

FanTapstic!
    Hello from Under Down Under!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (11th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey blokes, yeah the manuals aren't an issue anymore with the bandwidth. We're on our own server now so that is not the issue.

We originally sourced all of the manuals as a bait to get more people on here to start the forum and it was a huge success. Then it got out of control with the bandwidth and I had to make the 25 post restriction to limit the downloads. Most times people do the right thing, put up an intro and welcome 24 other members. That part doesn't really bother me. They found this place because of the manuals and they might come back to ask questions as the manuals are not a complete bible of everything you need to do know to fix every single problem.

If I was to do anything I would rather just make it free for everyone with no post restrictions.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (10th April 2013), MC97GQ (10th April 2013), megatexture (10th April 2013), Woof (12th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair call. And good to here the new home is supporting it all well.
    I actually get a bit if a laugh from the spammers, like the other night.. you watch the post count .. 20, 21, 22, there neraly there, 23, 24.. then bam see you later.. its like you mods are playing cat and mouse..
    Good stuff...

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

a member of the menagerie MC97GQ's Avatar
    Nimmitabel in the deep, deep south of NSW
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post

If I was to do anything I would rather just make it free for everyone with no post restrictions.

Hey Andy,

What would be the problem with doing that, I know it seems a bit rude for someone to just sign up to get the manuals, but it probably would save you and the mods the hassle of deleting the spam.

Also what if the introductions section was removed from the what's new search, so those members who don't want to troll through a bucket load of new introduction threads don't have to.

Just some thoughts

Mark
    Proud former owner of a 1997 White GQ TD42 Patrol Cab Chassis with an after market turbo, now with over half a million k's and still going strong, that's had a heart transplant and now not owned by me

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC97GQ View Post
    Hey Andy,

What would be the problem with doing that, I know it seems a bit rude for someone to just sign up to get the manuals, but it probably would save you and the mods the hassle of deleting the spam.

Also what if the introductions section was removed from the what's new search, so those members who don't want to troll through a bucket load of new introduction threads don't have to.

Just some thoughts

Mark
    Hey mate, the only problem that could arise would be 1000's of other sites grabbing them and putting them all on their sites.

We have hundreds of websites linking to us which helps our Google Rankings. Manual directories sites, PDF sites and numerous automotive sites. If we did open it up for all then we would lose those links and all of those spammy directory sites would come in and take the manuals. I know of a few people (including myself) worked for months trying to find all of these so it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to have everyone take it off us.

Understand that we took it off other people...lol....But to spend months finding it all and collaborating it all into one section is the winner.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

93patrol (10th April 2013), BigRAWesty (10th April 2013), Clunk (10th April 2013), Woof (12th April 2013)

us poms are crap at cricket fracster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 387 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just googled Nissan patrol and Google found this place for me. I read a bit, decided that a lot of you guys knew a lot about Patrols, a lot of you have my kinda sense of humour, even BA.

Manuals are a bonus for me to be honest.

Site is what it is and what the users make it to be honest.
    It is now official, we are not quite so sh@t at cricket as we were! Rugby Union is a different matter.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fracster For This Useful Post:

AB (11th April 2013), cgm (11th April 2013), MC97GQ (11th April 2013), taslucas (11th April 2013), Woof (12th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    New members are told in the introduction to "welcome a few other members and your post count will be up in no time". That's why a lot of them put up a heap of posts in the intro section.....they are told to!
    I, like a lot of others didn't even come looking for a manual and I was well over 2000 posts when I finally did download it haha. When I comes to car mechanics I'm dumb and no amount if reading the manual will fix that. It's the real people and the real life tips and experience on here that have helped me in my never ending quest to throw money at my patrol:-)
    The only thing that slightly annoys me is the near weekly "what do I need for a 2" suspension lift" question. But I can easily ignore that and go hang some sh!t on Winnie, growler or clunk. :-)

FanTapstic!
    or send people stickers with pubes stuck to them lmao
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

AB (11th April 2013), Winnie (11th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    or send people stickers with pubes stuck to them lmao
    I'm NEARLY %100 sure it was an eyelash!!!!! Hahaha

FanTapstic!
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast