Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odomoter and Trip Meter not Working

Hi guys
    Had a quick search and only found one actual post on this issue. Now both my Odometer and Trip Meter don't work. Speedo does. Having a quick search I have found that it is probably the mechanical gear behind the cluster. Does any one actually know how hard this is to repair? I was going to look at pulling it apart this weekend but I didn't want to go doing this if it was a bigger job than I first thought. ( I need the GQ back together for Monday morning commute to work). I was going to buy a Gregories Manual but unsure if it actually has any info in there. Couldn't find one at my local store to have a quick read.

Thanks in Advance for your help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You will need to remove the speedo head and have a look. There can be numerous reasons why it's not working.

On mine it was the plastic mounting for the little motor had broken so I was able to just glue it up.

Even if you are unable to repair it you will still be able to put the vehicle back together so you can drive it.

Before removing it give the top of the dash above the speedo a couple of thumps while moving, it might just be a case of some gears have jammed.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I tried to give it a bit of a bash didn't seem to do the trick, managed to pull it apart today and put back together looks like it was just jammed up. The Trip Meter was jamming up when it went from .9 to 1km. I just did a quick test drive around the block for 2 kms seems to be working. Guess ill just have to have a look when I go fill up and see if it actually tracks correctly. Pretty easy in the end. Like being able to pull things apart with a few simple screws. Not a fan of these new flashy dashes where everything is plastic clips, too easy to break