OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GQ 4,2Diesel manual - What do you recommend if towing vans?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Airbags? who is using them for towing? I still have my Old Man Emu upgraded suspension doing the work.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bigcol,
    gosh I should've checked a long time ago. Forgotten I'd posted this. Anyway sorted mirrors, but now van is sold (earlier this year) and bought a new Tvan so a complete change in direction. Lot lighter than caravan, same width as Patrol (extended mirrors not required) and follows wheel track. VVVVEEEEERRRRRYYYYYY happy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (24th September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good stuff mate, yes the Tvans are not a bad little unit
    if it suits what you want - its always a winner

I used to try all the different types of mirrors when towing my Van (requirement is - need to be able to see rear corner of the van........) with my GQ, never found ANY satisfactory
    I ended up with the Clearview mirrors (I have GU now) - and have never had a problem
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashhunter View Post
    Airbags? who is using them for towing? I still have my Old Man Emu upgraded suspension doing the work.
    I use them, and have done in ALL my 4wds for towing
    they are not just to raise the rear to make the setup level - 1st mistake nearly eveyone makes when thinking about air bags
    the downward force of the Van (trailer, horse float whatever) on your rear suspension while traveling is huge, anything that will help alleviate the stress to your rear suspension is a win
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, my GQ had airbags fitted by original owner.
    Earlier this year I put new OME springs and shockers through car and also kept the air bags. Only needed 20psi when fully loaded and van on back before suspension upgrade.
    Subsequently sold van and now have Tvan, but keep 5psi in bags when car empty, put around 10psi 'ish when loaded for trip plus Tvan.
    Obviously can't compare new suspension without airbags, but everything travels very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12