Thread: door open light on dash is shutting off and on

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygtu View Post
    After disconnecting the main sensor in the Big Barn Door, and this should have fixed your problem permanently as it usually is the culprit. You may need to join the wires together to stop the interior lights operating. Check the main door switch with a multimeter to see if if a closed contact with the door shut, or if it is an open contact with the door shut...then either join the wires or tape them up separate as required.

Mic
    I have checked the driver's door switch thru a multi-meter, the wire having the negative terminal is in closed circuit with the body of the GU. This should not be the case since all the doors are closed. I conclude that the negative line is grounded. I just can't find the point of contact at he moment. I got to find where the relay switch also, it could be malfunctioning.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to locate a wire grounding to the body. The wire connecting the ceiling-mounted LCD monitor was detached from installed connections in which Nissan center didn't not secure properly. The electrical tape gone loose leaving an open wire to touch the metal roof. So there's the short circuit. I reconnected it and put a shrink tube with an electrical tape on top. I just don't have the time to solder it for better connection.

The open door warning light problem is solved. I thank God and the forum especially those who participated in this thread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alexx For This Useful Post:

daggy (15th June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    i was able to locate a wire grounding to the body. The wire connecting the ceiling-mounted lcd monitor was detached from installed connections in which nissan center didn't not secure properly. The electrical tape gone loose leaving an open wire to touch the metal roof. So there's the short circuit. I reconnected it and put a shrink tube with an electrical tape on top. I just don't have the time to solder it for better connection.

The open door warning light problem is solved. I thank god and the forum especially those who participated in this thread.
    thanks for the feed back

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this thread, I have been chasing a short for two weeks that had the roof light and door open light come on intermittently and glow strong and weak, I was ready to rewire the car, then I read this thread. Simply pulled the led light out of the rear cargo area and refitted, looking I could see that one end was riding slightly higher than the other and obviously creating a short onto the body. Thanks again.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm equally happy you found the short too. It saved us much money.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm now back to square one with this. After fixing it in this thread...
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-problem/page2

... It's back to doing what it does best. Not working !!
    I'll have to look into it tomorrow.
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok. I looked further into this today. A lot of people report issues with sensors on the large rear barn door. I'm stupid or blind but where is this sensor ? It's the last thing I haven't checked simply due to not seeing it. It's most likely so obvious and smiling at me everytime I open the door but I cannot see it. Switch on small door is at the bottom, I thought I fixed that, but now I don't think thats the issue any more.
    2005 TD42TI

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that because the rear door has the tyre mounted on it that the bracket loosens slightly over time causing the door to become loose and dash light to flicker. Mine is doing the same and i'm yet to tighten the bracket. I could be wrong though. Thought that why you see a few patrols with the steel bull bars with tyre holder brackets on them?? I have 33's on my door but it always flickered even with 32's

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Ok. I looked further into this today. A lot of people report issues with sensors on the large rear barn door. I'm stupid or blind but where is this sensor ? It's the last thing I haven't checked simply due to not seeing it. It's most likely so obvious and smiling at me everytime I open the door but I cannot see it. Switch on small door is at the bottom, I thought I fixed that, but now I don't think thats the issue any more.
    Remove the large barn door finisher and look for the sensor inside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123