Thread: A run down for the meet up at Andy's

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will put a full cost and where money was spent and how much is left together soon as it seems my honesty has been put to question..

Take me a couple of days to do so.....................

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    I will put a full cost and where money was spent and how much is left together soon as it seems my honesty has been put to question..

Huh? Where did that come from. Not from me I hope mate?

Jas

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

im sorry to hear mate, absolute rubbish!

guys that werent there ill just let ya know that this is the guy who, because we couldnt get teh car finished, lent his car to healy, who had his missus drive it home... now lending my car out to someone else, let alone having their missus driving... thats pretty damn generous.

sorry to hear johnno.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

jack (8th April 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all good mate I can clearly see what has been done to my car and I know you havnt done anything bad with the money I appreciate all the hard work by everyone it feels like a new car compared to when the work started on the car it was a great day Saturday disappointed I could not have been there on Sunday chin up mate. Can the persons who ran the wires from rear of car and into the centre console please pm me as I'm having trouble working some of these wires out. Thanks heaps guys awesome job all round
    IF ITS NOT BROKEN IT MUST BE A PATROL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we appreciated johno lending his car also johno knows that and it was looked after and treated better than if it was my own car thanks johno
    IF ITS NOT BROKEN IT MUST BE A PATROL

a member of the menagerie MC97GQ's Avatar
    Nimmitabel in the deep, deep south of NSW
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Jonathan,

Tell whoever said that to go F themselves, as one who donated my hard earned, I for one don't expect any expenditure to be justified. I would have been happy for you to just give the money to Healy and him spend it however he saw fit.

Mate from the moment this little project started, you have toiled effortlessly to make all this happen. And the generosity of those on this forum overwhelmed me, not just the money, but people hopping on planes at personal expense to come and work on the vehicle, and blokes driving in from other states to do the same.

I for one find it offensive that your character seems to have been called into question, and I've got to say it's leaving a nasty taste in my mouth(so goodness knows how you feel). It's things like this that poisons the well and makes people reluctant to help others out in the future.

Anyway mate, If you feel the need to post a list of how the money was allocated go for it, keep the chin up and know that I reckon the majority here really appreciate what you have done.

Take care

Mark
    Proud former owner of a 1997 White GQ TD42 Patrol Cab Chassis with an after market turbo, now with over half a million k's and still going strong, that's had a heart transplant and now not owned by me

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MC97GQ For This Useful Post:

cgm (8th April 2013), jack (8th April 2013), Woof (8th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Heals,
    PM sent mate.

And BA,
    WTF? Gob smacked that someone could make the suggestion.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....
    Last edited by Drewboyaus; 8th April 2013 at 03:18 PM.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I must add that the car is a completely different one to before this.... a pleasure to drive.

This is a list of the guys that were under the car working there butts off...

Boots
    Benny
    Matty
    George
    Scotty
    Darren

These were the main guys under the car (if I missed anyone I am sorry as my brain is fried) and worked like demons... I really mean these guys worked hard and got so much done.

George put so much time in the previous weekend fitting the gearbox clutch and came for more the next weekend.

There were an army fiddling with many small jobs and just lending a hand to the main guys when needed.

The people that kept the army fed were also brilliant as this meant the guys could keep working and was a much needed help (very under rated job)

4wd action emailed me again this morning to see how it went and asked what they needed to do.

I had a meeting with an electrician to go over some stuff at a complex I look after and we were trouble shooting some problems and discussing stuff and it was like I was talking to Benny... top bloke and I am very thankful for all his advice, I am now going to go over my whole car and change things thanks to his advice and tuition!!!

Thanks for all the help guys, big or small!!!!!!!!!!!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

93patrol (8th April 2013), boots (8th April 2013), cgm (8th April 2013), Great Southern Camping (8th April 2013), Woof (8th April 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was not talking about you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Great Southern Camping (8th April 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I also got my radiator installed on Saturday... I snuck off... and the temp is perfect even though I bought the wrong coolant as I am a stupid prick so she just has water in there at the moment.

Got to find my receipt for the coolant so I can change for the right bloody one.

I am getting a tune this arvo and now my wheel bearings are squeaking........ never ends hey!!!!

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast