Thread: Parksy's gq

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parksy's gq

Hi all

Thought if chuck up some photos of my patrol. Bought it about 4 months ago with close to 400000 on the clock. Ran rough and needed abit of love but abit of work and it runs and drives beautifully.
    My last car was a ba xr8 ute, but my wife is pregnant with our 2nd and I just need more room so the ute is gone. Must admit, I much prefer the patrol.
    I can drive it all day and on driving to work through city traffic will average 15l per 100. Better on highway.
    Have chucked new engine mounts, gearbox mounts, new radiator, hoses, fan belts, all lights replaced with led bar the headlights, front radius arm bushes, rebuilt rear brakes, new braided brake lines, stripped and painted most of the chassis and rear diff, front diff still needs doing, new beefier lower control arms, return to center damper, tough dog panhards front and rear, new fuel pump, new raised springs and shocks and lots more that I can't remember.

Work still to be done:
    Still need to paint the last rear quarter of the chassis, will pull the fuel tank out, strip it, paint and also treat it internally, put new hoses in.
    Will replace all the carpets with new, new tie rod and drag link, put new rotors and brake pads in once I sort out the rear leaking diff. Have new injectors on there way ready to go in. Exhaust has seen better days so will be replacing. And the odd corroded nut and bolt will be replaced with a high tensile counterpart to avoid anymore stripped bolts...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice rig, what tyres are you running?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyres are kumo road venture all terains 33" units on 16" gu rims painted in 2pac black.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice looking mate.... Very nice, also I love the colour best that came on the GQ IMO

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very nice GQ you have there mate, well done
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parksy's gq

Great looking rig. Luv the colour too.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Parksy's gq

Great truck mate! Love it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd post some recent jobs I've done in this thread to keep a record.
    Recently had the intake manifold off to change a leaking gasket. Took me months to find this vacuum leak but now that it's fixed the patrol runs amazing. When I first bought it, the car was a nightmare to start. I'd have to crank it at least 3-5 times while feathering the throttle to try and start it. Now, half a second of cranking and it fires up instantly. It's returning amazing fuel economy now too. I'm getting as low as 13l per 100km on some trips which I'm quite pleased with.
    Also had the fuel tank out, stripped, cleaned and painted. Stripped and cleaned and treated the rear chassis section also, just for peace of mind. Rust to me just doesn't settle right and I must have it gone! But once I got into it, was very pleased to find that it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had first thought. I've been replacing most nuts and bolts with high tensile bolts with a nice covering of anti sieze to aid any future removals. Anyway here's some pics of the jobs.
    Intake off the tb42e.

Collector tubes apart

Very pleased to find the intake valves are quite clean

Fuel tank guard off. It was more just dirt than anything, but still gave it a coat of por15.

Shiny fuel tank repainted

Tank guard

And the new view from underneath

Have got a complete exhaust system on its way to replace the horridly looking old pipes. Will post some progress shots when I get into that one.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great mate! Keep it up

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice work mate! looking really good and love the colour