OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CTECK D250S DC to DC Battery Charger.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CTECK D250S DC to DC Battery Charger.

Hello Guy's, am looking at installing one of these (D250S DUAL) under the bonnet of my 2005 3.0 Patrol as part of a Dual Battery system. Anyone got any feedback on them, and where have you placed them?
    Last edited by ptcb; 26th March 2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Correction

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: CTECK D250S DC to DC Battery Charger.

hi. my mate has one in his navara located in his tray. they are good as they charge the aux battery really good and its a built in solar regulator. i Dont think there recommended to mount under the bonnet as they Dont like heat i heard. and there quite cheap off ebay($250 mark).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive got one under the bonnet very good with charging my 2nd battery gets the same reading as no1. 6 stage charger have not done any solar on ebay good price. i believe they are as good as redarc
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is under the bonnet also. the only issue I have had is with the battery temp monitor, we were out at Longreach at xmas and doing some slow 4x4 so the car had little air flow and the temp was 46 deg in the shade and under the bonnet was really bloody hot therefore it didn’t want to charge my aux batt as it was saying the temp was to hot so i had to pull the monitor from out the bonnet and run it to in front the radiator where it would give a cooler reading, great safety feature and surely would save a battery but it was either that or the food go off.

still a great unit and i would definitely buy one again and recommend them also and couldnt justfy paying the price for a redarc unit.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: CTECK D250S DC to DC Battery Charger.

I've got the old model without the solar input. I have both it and the battery mounted in the back of the wagon without the heat. Both are still working well after 2 years

tapatalk on galaxy note
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guy's, I live in Tassie so I'm hoping that Temp issues wont be too much of an issue and winter is coming fast down here!! I do like the look of this unit and the specs are great. I would like to mount it under the bonnet and have seen pic's of it mounted on the firewall on the passenger side of the engine bay. Is this area ventilated enough to keep the temp's down or do I need to place it somewhere else?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptcb View Post
    Thanks Guy's, I live in Tassie so I'm hoping that Temp issues wont be too much of an issue and winter is coming fast down here!! I do like the look of this unit and the specs are great. I would like to mount it under the bonnet and have seen pic's of it mounted on the firewall on the passenger side of the engine bay. Is this area ventilated enough to keep the temp's down or do I need to place it somewhere else?
    i mounted mine behind the 2nd battery between that and abs. also i believe that sensor is for the battery so it doesnt boil
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That spot would be fine and I doubt you will have issues with temps in tas as I never have issues in bris . Mines mounted on the fuse box next tothe starter batt

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have mine mounted on passenger fire wall. two 60 watt solar panels on patrol roof feed it. I have a 32 litre engel fridge which runs 24/7 and have never had any issues . check out http://www.gadgetcity.com.au/ there prices are even cheaper than cteck. never had a heating problem with the unit. to mount it on the fire wall I took off the padded heat resistant pad and screwed it straight onto the fire wall.
    3lt GU 111 Wagon 2 inch lift,3in Taipan exhaust, cross country intercooler,catch can,EGR blocked, dawes and needle valve,Pyro/boost gauge ARB lockers,steinbaurer chip, long range tank, s/s water tank, draws, warn winch, and other stuff.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got one there a good unit, make sure you put it high and dry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast