User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Inverters

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, as my genpower inverter has just passed away I am in the market for a new one. Think I will invest in a better brand this time.

So can anyone advice on what is good and what is not so good.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Honda EU20I, not the cheapest but very happy with it, plus I have very good support at any Honda dealer in the country.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

Patrol-Guy (30th December 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Paulyg I reckon it’s hard to beat the little Honda gennies for quietness & reliability. We have the smaller EU10i which gets very little use (we no longer travel with it), so it can go 12 months at a time between uses but never fails to start on first or second pull ...........& that can be with fuel which has sat in the tank since the last use!

If you do get a Honda keep a look out for promotional deals which come up regularly. Ours came with additional warranty (5 years total), a cover, a set of bbq implements & a couple of other things I’ve forgotten. The warranty whilst unlikely it will be needed is worth having because they can be expensive little buggers to repair.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like the Hondas as well but going by his post I think he is after an Inverter not a Genny

Top of the wozza...
    Morningstar (yank) are very hard to go past
    Latronics (aussie) are supposedly a good piece of kit (never used one in the field tho)
    Victron if they make one suitable

Best of the rest...
    Meanwell (Tiawanese) are my 'go to' for low power Inverters and AC/DC converters

Worth a punt...
    Powertech (Jaycar) came fitted in my Van and seem OK, suprisingly so actually
    Last edited by the evil twin; 30th December 2015 at 01:00 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    I like the Hondas as well but going by his post I think he is after an Inverter not a Genny

I had a good run with a couple of the older (teal coloured) Powertech inverters which were excellent bit’s of gear (still working perfectly in our bus after 12 years) but found the ones they replaced them with to be only a little better than ebay cheapies. The ebay cheapie I had needed a fan, (which it didn’t have & shouldn’t have needed at just 150w) & constantly cut in & out making it unusable. The red/silver Powertech I had died in less than 12 months. Best I’ve had are two Victron Phoenix’s (180w & currently a 350w). They are significantly heavier than any others I’ve had & seem to be well over spec’d. I’ve run my 350w at 500w for over an hour testing it when I first got it! Best of all they are now priced very competitively. Based upon quality & price I’d suggest that they are a ‘best buy’ if looking for a genuine pure sine inverter (The only type I’d buy).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Victron-P...AAAOSwDk5UGmdn

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Victron-P...QAAOxysE5Sa29t

I didn’t know that Morningstar made inverters but if they are as good as their solar regulators I would be just as happy to have one as the Victron.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hiya Cuppa,
    If i was after quality I reckon I would go Victron at those prices.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have an 1800 watt Projector inverter, works well and seems to be well made.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went shopping and found a Projector 1000 for $770. Asked for deal and was rejected. Checked flea-bay and picked the same one up for $465.

I'm happy. Thanks for all the responses above.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a bit of info for future if anyone is interested; Selectronics LD600 come up on ebay second hand every now and then and they are a very robust inverter. The Selectronic branded units were totally made in Melbourne (even the transformer was wound here) and the manufacturing and servicing of these older units has been taken over by SI Clean Energy in Coffs Harbour.

Rated at 600W continuous but they do go a lot higher than their rated power - 800W for half an hour and 1500W surge. They are a great deal for 3 or 400 dollars when they come up second hand every now and then. They are an old design and a bit heavy but they are tough!

Cheers

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I prefer Sine Wave inverters because of their normal voice and due to the high safety of appliances. Although, Sine Wave inverters are expensive but offer better features as compared to Square Wave ones. Choices are yours.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast