OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Absolutely no power to anything except ignition... will start but thats it. Help :(

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Absolutely no power to anything except ignition... will start but thats it. Help :(

Hey guys,

So my 89 GQ rb30 died on the freeway today. Stuttered like it was running out of fuel as i was pulling onto the ramp then coughed and died completely. Now I have no power to anything at all in the car. No lights, instruments, accessories or hazards. Only thing that has power is the starter and ignition. Will turn over and start normally. Idles pretty well and responsive throttle (stutters a bit and dies sometimes but will start again after) if its just sitting in neutral but as soon as you put it in gear and get moving it will like bunny hop once or twice and cut out.

Pull and checked all the relevant looking fuses in the cabin fuse box and both the main fusible links to the battery are fine.

Are these the only fuses in the car? could not see or find any reference to any others.

Only thing that me n my mate could maybe point the finger at was perhaps one of the relays under the cover next to the battery... Mainly the black one (there is 3 blue and 1 black) marked with autochoke and a couple other things (sorry not near the car to have a look at the moment) There was some corrosion around there that made us think it may be the issue. What exactly does this relay run and would it cause the problems im having?

ehhh hope someone has a vague idea whats going on coz ive got no idea haha

Thanks heaps guys
    matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Matt, always a good idea to post up an introduction first before asking for any assistance, gets everyone on side from the start mate.....just go here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-Introductions
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check all the fuses at the fuse block - votls where there should be & on both sides of the fues.
    Also check with the truck running -

I would focus on the on theno lights to start with

Carby or EFI?
    Last edited by GQ TANK; 26th March 2013 at 10:47 PM.
    1991 GQ LWB 4.2 Carby dual fuel, 32 mud claws, 2 inch lift, LSD's front and back

And its Toooooooo High for the Ball & chain

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check you have decent voltage at the battery with a multimeter, then if this is OK which I presume it will be, start to check the fuse box under the bonnet, and find where the main feed from the battery goes into there.
    Check for voltage on the incoming battery side of any fusible links and fuses, and then check the other side where the voltage gets sent around the car from there.

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...