Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High idle TB42E

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When i had my TB42e i had problems with the idle as well, nd i played around with it a fair bit, there is a special way to do the idle adjustment if i can remember correctly, defenitly set the TPS to 0.4-0.45 first cause that rectifies the smooth change of the auto,
    then u have to disconnect the plugs on the idle control valve, its where that black screw is, aswell as the TPS plugs ,should be 2 plugs on either one,
    start the engine, adjust the idle up, by whinding the screw out i think, turn the engine off connect all plugs, start it up again, the revs should drop, so just keep playing around with the idle followin thos steps, im not saying that its the problem but its worth a try,
    another thing it might be it the MAF sensor, disconnect while the engine is running if no change it could possibly be it aswell, if a vacum leak grab a tin of WD40, while its running spray all over hoses, down beside the inlet manifold, just hope its not a manifold gasket lol, pain in the a**
    Hope u figure it out mate
    Scott

2. The Following User Says Thank You to saw13 For This Useful Post:

zmaster (20th March 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the brilliant response, I was also thinking temp sender,will measure the TPS and IAC, have ECU Talk, and laptop, temp seems to be reading fine, not sure how high it should climb, can't remember the TPS sensor reading, but the oxy sensor seemed lazy, so I'll change it out for a new one. Other issue I forgot, on stabbing the acc pedal, revs jump up to say 1500rpm, then lazily drop down to 1100rpm, before eventually dropping back to 950rpm.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High idle TB42E

Quote Originally Posted by zmaster View Post
    Thanks for the brilliant response, I was also thinking temp sender,will measure the TPS and IAC, have ECU Talk, and laptop, temp seems to be reading fine, not sure how high it should climb, can't remember the TPS sensor reading, but the oxy sensor seemed lazy, so I'll change it out for a new one. Other issue I forgot, on stabbing the acc pedal, revs jump up to say 1500rpm, then lazily drop down to 1100rpm, before eventually dropping back to 950rpm.
    From my experience that is definitely a vacuum leak so the motor is sucking air from some where, oxy sensor will make it run lean or rich @ NOT

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking the same!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12