Thread: High idle TB42E

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High idle TB42E

As the title suggests, my Gq TB42E auto, has a high idle, was at 1100rpm in neutral, using the screw in the back of the manifold, i've dropped it down to 950rpm. Should I keep winding the screw until it drops further, I've wound a fair bit, or should I be looking at something else? Looking at the ecu talk readings would tell me something if I knew what they're suppose to read!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What screw?? I use the TPS to adjust mine and it sits at about 850-900rpm...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure your tps is adjusted properly. Should be at about .4 to .45 volts at idle. Then adjust the screw on the back of the manifold until idle is about 650.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Parksy For This Useful Post:

zmaster (17th March 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    650?????????? never come close to that with out it stalling??? would love to get that???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your fuel pressure and give the fuel system a good clean, bloody Aussie. Mine had a horrible idle, would stall and hunt, but these 2 were the main culprit. Also cleaning the manifold and aac valve assembly will benefit. And replacing all the vacuum tubes with new ones. All of these helped my case.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Parksy For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (17th March 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have run a injector cleaner and just done a head reconditioning treatment last week but on petrol it runs like shit, this has only happened recently.

Plugs have been checked but down low it has nothing but above 3000rpm runs as smooth as and pulls hard???

Driving me nuts as most work has been done by a shop.... will get fuel pressure checked plus a couple of other things then if it keeps up its time to change mechanics??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High idle TB42E

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    I have run a injector cleaner and just done a head reconditioning treatment last week but on petrol it runs like shit, this has only happened recently.

Plugs have been checked but down low it has nothing but above 3000rpm runs as smooth as and pulls hard???

Driving me nuts as most work has been done by a shop.... will get fuel pressure checked plus a couple of other things then if it keeps up its time to change mechanics??
    Sure you dont have blocked injectors mate ?? Have you got an electric dizzy or points?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High idle TB42E

Quote Originally Posted by zmaster View Post
    As the title suggests, my Gq TB42E auto, has a high idle, was at 1100rpm in neutral, using the screw in the back of the manifold, i've dropped it down to 950rpm. Should I keep winding the screw until it drops further, I've wound a fair bit, or should I be looking at something else? Looking at the ecu talk readings would tell me something if I knew what they're suppose to read!
    Has the idle just gone up all of a sudden or has it always been high ? I would be looking at vacuum leaks or a blown manifold gasket sucking air

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idle has always been high. Vacuum is good, will chech TPS, remember reading about Temp sender could be cause?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High idle TB42E

Coolant temp sensors will only affect fuel from cold till operating temperature, then the oxygen sensor takes over and the computer stops reading resistances from the coolant temp sensor.

TPS is a good start but like i said before i'd also be looking at the vacuum hoses for cracks and splits and the condition of the inlet manifold gasket and injector "O" rings for sucking air, then i'd start looking at the AFM. Generally tho high idle is from sucking air.

On your ECU is there a dial the reads test and idle ?? EFI RB30's have one and sometimes they need to be adjusted to set the idle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast