User Tag List

Thread: "suspension stuff flexy products"any advice or reviews, pictures

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"suspension stuff flexy products"any advice or reviews, pictures

I have seen a few posts about ss products but mainly only 2" flexy coils . is there any advice or information reviews on the bigger lifts like 4" and what shocks would you run with them as they have an extra 2-3" inches of flex . pictures and reveiws would be awesome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"suspension stuff flexy products"any advice or reviews, pictures

I have only recently fitted 4" flexy coils to the rear of my GQ, I didn't get a good chance to test them due to a back injury soon after fitting them. I did flex them up once and was really happy, I have got 6" rear shocks and the springs were no where near to coming out. I will give a better review in a few weeks once I am out of hospital and get a chance to drive the patrol a bit more.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers for that so would you say go bigger than 6" shocks ? lookin forward to gearing more about the ss stock

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gu with stacks View Post
    cheers for that so would you say go bigger than 6" shocks ? lookin forward to gearing more about the ss stock
    you wont really need bigger in the front unless you are running superflex arms.

I have a 4inch lift with superflex arms and started out with 12in, then dropped to 11in and my latest set (when they finally arrive grrrr) is down again to 10in basically I still didnt use the full shock and the longer shock affected my up travel that why I down graded.

The rear is a different story I you want to modify your bump stops and use coil retainers and drop out cones you can fit a shock with a decent amount of travel. I have managed to fit a 14in travel shock in the rear without too much drama.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the input , what kind of shocks are you using ? how expensive ?

how much was ur set up if you dont mind me asking

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the shocks are King racing shocks, remote resovior smoothies. They arnt cheap thats for sure but I have gone through a few sets of cheap shocks way too quickly whixh gave me the sh1ts so I didnt skimp this time around
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    the shocks are King racing shocks, remote resovior smoothies. They arnt cheap thats for sure but I have gone through a few sets of cheap shocks way too quickly whixh gave me the sh1ts so I didnt skimp this time around
    Mmmmmmmm Kings!!! Mmmmmmmmm.

^^^^^^^^ really nice set up ^^^^^^^^
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a search and couldn't find an answer. Has anyone installed a flexi kit themselves? I have access to a forklift but my question is with getting the new front coils in. Do I need to compress them or once I disconnect the brake line and breather will I be able to simply lift the front of the truck high enough to slip the coils in? Thought Id ask before I damage something.
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle300exc View Post
    Had a search and couldn't find an answer. Has anyone installed a flexi kit themselves? I have access to a forklift but my question is with getting the new front coils in. Do I need to compress them or once I disconnect the brake line and breather will I be able to simply lift the front of the truck high enough to slip the coils in? Thought Id ask before I damage something.
    Thanks in advance.
    take the wheels off and your diff will drop down a heap more.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.