User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Builders advice

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of roof do you have? Are your existing internal walls load bearing? Don't attach your top plate to bottom cord of truss dirrectly. It will cause your cieling and cornace to crack when the roof moves.You need hangers. The top of your top plate should be 20mm lower than the bottom of truss. (bottom cord). Use a double stud each end of wall and spread the others at 600mm centres. Use this as a guide as gyprock is 1200mm wide.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Had another read this morning and just wanted to know if a basic diagram would be possible??? yeah I know???

I am arranging the innards today ( pantry shelves and stuff) and am hoping to win a good table saw setup on Ebay as I have a few projects to do.... including re-doing my rear draws!!!

Then it's kitchen ,laundry and bathroom and by the time I am finished I can rent this house out and get away from all these assholes, yipee!!!!!! Then move next door to AB...he he!!!
    I have some pics of our framework from when we did our renos last year if that would help BA.

Also can I suggest you strongly look at Ikea for your Bathroom, Laundry and Kitchen renos. I found that they have very high quality cabinets and accessories and were the cheapest (In our case) than any other Kitchen supplier I could find in Sydney. Our Laundry only cost me $800.00 (without tiles) and that included a SS deep sink, tapware and 2.4m benchtop. Our Kitchen cost $6500.00 including hardwood floor, dual SS sink, Tapware, 900 wide stove (with 5 gas burners on top and a fan forced oven) and a dishwasher. Both appliances are made by Whirlpool. The kitchen is 4.5m wide x 3.5m deep. You can go online and design the whole lot and cost it even before you order anything. Have a look here - http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_AU/campaig...n_planner.html

Cheers,

Rob
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Had another read this morning and just wanted to know if a basic diagram would be possible??? yeah I know???

I am arranging the innards today ( pantry shelves and stuff) and am hoping to win a good table saw setup on Ebay as I have a few projects to do.... including re-doing my rear draws!!!

Then it's kitchen ,laundry and bathroom and by the time I am finished I can rent this house out and get away from all these assholes, yipee!!!!!! Then move next door to AB...he he!!!

i am at work today but i'll draw something up when i get home and scan to my computer if you wouldnt mind can you pm your email and i can email the plan to you as i dont think AB would like it if i posted it up here.

just thinking as well is your house timber frame internal walls or brick like here in WA

Cheers
    shane

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve4wdin View Post
    What sort of roof do you have? Are your existing internal walls load bearing? Don't attach your top plate to bottom cord of truss dirrectly. It will cause your cieling and cornace to crack when the roof moves.You need hangers. The top of your top plate should be 20mm lower than the bottom of truss. (bottom cord). Use a double stud each end of wall and spread the others at 600mm centres. Use this as a guide as gyprock is 1200mm wide.
    you can also get 1350 wide gyprock as well for you convienience

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Jonathan,

Send me your number via pm mate, I am a Building Consultant and a Carpenter by Trade. On the phone now but from the pic it seems simple enough.

Happy to have a chat on the phone mate and maybe even drop past at some stage if we can make that work and talk you through it.

Cheers Darren
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 13th March 2013 at 12:06 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve4wdin View Post
    plaster is hung horizontaly so it doenst matter, studs are at either 450 or 600 centers , no more than 600, and you can fix straight to the ceiling because if your house is moving now then your ceiling would already be cracked. I do this stuff everyday as a registered builder and renovation carpenter
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hey Jonathan,

Send me your number via pm mate, I am a Building Consultant and a Carpenter by Trade. On the phone now but from the pic it seems simple enough.

Happy to have a chat on the phone mate and maybe even drop past at some stage if we can make that work and talk you through it.

Cheers Darren
    Your a sexy man Daz!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I am a Building Consultant and a Carpenter by Trade.

Cheers Darren

When are you coming to Sydney Daz????, I have a slab or 2 with your name on it
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12