Thread: Windows 8 ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you will like Windows8.

I know that I didn't like XP before I used it, and I didn't like Windows7 before I used it too.

I have 7 at the moment, and when I go back to XP, it now feels archaic.

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies everyone, i went and got the Windows 8 netbook, to be honest im just sick of looking around at PCs, I admit to being stuck in my ways and resistant to change, so im a little cautious.

I always had issues with every windows program up until 7, ive had a few PCs with windows 7 ,me and 7 got on very well, and i never found myself throwing the PC on the ground in frustration (this may or may not have happened before ,lol) nor did i ever have to get "assistance" from my nerd mate.

Windows 8 so far seems OK, i had to get rid of all the Microsoft Account login rubbish they try very hard to make you use, windows 8 wants to download stuff all the time (suggested music etc) so had to stop that from happening as well.

Once its set up to NOT download stuff, without permission, and i can bin all the rubbish apps that are more suited to teenagers, ill be a bit happier (lol) but after that, really im left with no real benefits i can see, other than a Touch screen PC.

At this stage, if my PC did not have a touch screen, id say windows 8 has no real noticeable gain over 7 for me,(ionly had it a day) but i do really like the way the touch screen works, it adds pleasure to PC usage, some of it is novelty factor, but other actions, such as browsing the net, is great , especially good for laptop users when lying on the couch and you cant see the keyboard
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard it's good for touchscreens and useless for desktops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12