OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Western Melb Suburbs - Need a trustworthy mechanic to look over my drive train

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oils would be the first on my list to try and solve a problem. Also rekitting is a good option, most change over units have only been rekitted. Just like reco engines, they only swap out the minimal parts they can get away with. Good luck with it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the beast back today, and I'll give a hearty shout out to Brett from 4x4 Obsession in Melton. Guy is a legend, a great bloke and knows his Nissans quite well indeed.

Tailshaft and Diff centre have been swapped out for good used items.
    The Diff centre in it was apparently from a GQ, so fuck knows what history I wasn't told by the seller last year.
    The hardening had been stripped off and a bearing was worn out so no broken teeth but enough to make a god awful racket.
    Bolts on the rear left brake calliper were almost wound out which tells me whoever did the apparent machining that was required for it's roady before I bought it doesn't know how to do bolts up. It's only done about 5000 k's since then.
    Also told me that I should consider new gearbox mounts.
    Turns out the slight whine I had been hearing in what I thought were higher gears only must have been speed related as it's completely gone now.

All up ended up costing me $1500 which is one hell of a lot cheaper than I was saving for when I thought it was a gearbox.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123