OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Workshop Manual on Mac and iPad.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    I too can seem to unzip in izip, I can only zip! So when I open it in goodreader it only shows the download page
    Send me a link to the manual you are trying to access and I will upload it into dropbox 2 download for a limited time.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Send me a link to the manual you are trying to access and I will upload it into dropbox 2 download for a limited time.
    Can you do the same for me mate I still can't download either. Chasing manuals for 2010 zd30 CDR gu7, and workshop manual

And what's Dropbox? Lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwick89 View Post
    Can you do the same for me mate I still can't download either. Chasing manuals for 2010 zd30 CDR gu7, and workshop manual

And what's Dropbox? Lol
    I can but please send me a PM to the exact page the manual is on as I don't use the GU manuals and don't know what models they cover without searching through the manual section myself.

Dropbox is just a file hosting website, where you can store files and access them from any PC / laptop / Tablet or let others access them with a link

Cheers

Todd

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Warwick89 (3rd November 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate PM sent

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Warwick89 For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (3rd November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got your PM Toddy, no issues here mate, go for it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (3rd November 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome , once I rack up 25 posts I'll be able to drop a manual on my iPad . Thanks heaps

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Todd ime chasing a workshop manual for a 2000 GU with the ZD30 in it please. This is to install onto my iPad thanks

Cheers

Alan

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear3103 View Post
    Hi Todd ime chasing a workshop manual for a 2000 GU with the ZD30 in it please. This is to install onto my iPad thanks

Cheers

Alan
    Gday Alan, can you view the manuals section and see if you can find the manual you are after and just PM a link to that manual, without going through them myself I don't know which manual covers that model GU and I probable won't get a chance to the weekend to go through them sorry.

Cheers

Todd

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

bear3103 (30th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    One of the good things about this forum is the fact that the factory workshop manuals are available to members once they have clocked up 25 posts.

However being a Mac laptop & an iPad user I experienced some difficulty installing the manuals on my machines so that they were searchable, & so the links in the PDF files worked. Of course it was all possible, I just had to work out how to do it, and today have managed this with help from Toddie (NissanGQ4.2) ....... Thanks mate.

So here for any other Apple tragics are the solutions I found.

Firstly the file I needed was in .rar format, which Toddie sent me a direct link to. (EDIT: See following posts - apparently the 'standaed downloads ARE in .rar format) If you have over the requisite 25 posts a polite word in his shell like will probably get you the link to this file.

On the Mac
    You don't actually need the rar file for this, but I downloaded it to the Mac because I had previously only found manuals up to 2004, & the link Toddie gave me was for up to 2007' covering all the supplements for my 2006 model.
    The trick on the Mac is simply to use Adobe Reader to open the downloaded file. The download is a folder full of subfolders & a single .pdf file. Highlight the .pdf file & then go to 'File' at the top of the screen & then click 'Get info'. In the box which opens go down to 'Open with' (default is 'Preview'). Click & change to 'Adobe Reader'. (If Adobe Reader is not in the list you will need to download it from the net first - it's free). Now when you open the PDF file you will be able to click on the 'Click' button to take you to the manual or supplement that you want, & then clicking on the table of contents takes you directly to where you want to be.

You need to retain all of the folders. (& keep them all in the same directory). I didn't initially understand this, thinking that I only needed the folder that covered 2006. The ’98 manual is the main GU one, & the subsequent ones are the supplements covering any changes made. Nissan have always gone about their manuals in a messy way. For my Civilian bus I need 3 separate manuals & have to constantly flick between them.

On the iPad

Things on the iPad are a little different. You can get a semi result in iBooks, or by using the Adobe Reader app, but neither of these allow the linking between the different supplements, or linking directly to chapters from the table of contents. This is a real pain as the only way to find stuff is to trawl through page after page until you find what you want, & if you are anything like me, you get distracted, & then have to go through the whole process again to find the info.

However, again thanks to Toddie & following a bit of experimentation I have now found a way to have all the links working as intended, & it is remarkably simple to achieve.

First you need an app called GoodReader for iPad (a free download from the App Store)
    Second you need an app capable of unpacking .rar files. I suggest you use the same as me because I know it interacts with GoodReader. Others may, but I haven't tried them.
    I used iZip, another free download from the App Store.

So get both those apps first.

Next ask Toddie nicely for the .rar file relevant to your vehicle's model.
    He will PM you a link for you to click on (using your ipad of course) to download the .rar file.
    Unpack the .rar file with iZip.
    Once unpacked it will ask you if want to open the unpacked file with GoodReader, or something else.
    Select GoodReader & hey presto it all works.

I had struggled with this on & off for months, so this was a real result. Hope it helps others too.

Others may have found other solutions, just saying this has worked for me.

Just be aware that the link to the .rar file that Toddie provided bypasses the 25 post requirement, so if you haven't made that many posts yet just don't ask, 'cos it'll rub a good bloke up the wrong way, & I'll be less than impressed - the result being that you won't get what what you need, & if I were in Toddie's shoes I might just decide not to bother for others too.

Cuppa
    Hi,
    i have downloaded onto my MAC (LION Version 7.0.5) i needed to download "The Unarchiver" to unzip files, so i owned them and have not moved any files out of the unzipped folder. I downloaded PDF Reader ++to read the manual but the file opens in PDF reader and none of the links work.

When i open the "SM_Y61.PDF" file in preview i can move backwards and forward between "Service manual" and "Return to Start page" using the link buttons.
    i have a problem when i select any of the service manual list buttons where an error

"The file “gi.pdf” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.
    To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info."
    when i open get info it states i have read, write permission??
    the same error occurs with all the open and click buttons with a different file listed for some

I can manually open each file and view the pages!!
    any idea on why the links do not work for me?
    Gavin

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one for Toddie or AB I rekon

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast