User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: after market Intercooler fans

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen aftermarket ones $1700 for intercooler, hoses and fan. Very expensive IMO but I have not seen dyno results to see if that sort of coin gives a suitable increase in power, decrease in fuel etc etc
    Is there a bigger bonnet scoop, somewhat near legal, that fits into the existing scoop location?
    I read a thread somewhere about limited to no air passing through under about 40km from memory.
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed a while ago that only the back half of my factory intercooler is discoloured where as the front half is spotless.
    This suggests that only the back half of the intercooler has air passing through it.
    Standard scoop with Nissan bullbar so perhaps air flow over bonnet is disrupted (or is that disturbed) so perhaps a fan of some sort
    would help increase volume of air at all speeds.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think theres any real benifit in the fan as mudski said then as nissannewby says a bigger one is the go but can you justify the dollars spent,unless your competing, towing over 2t or in the desert daily i had one on my truck for 12months and was asked if there was any difference with it,no was my answer hence its in the shed but thats just my opion

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of info regarding your question on ARE cooling website ( Aluminium Radiators & Engineering P/L ). I am going to get one of their IC & stealth scoops through Guests 4WD - when the wife finally decides that she has bought enough furniture!
    Remember that a high IQ doesn't make up for a lack of common sense.
    Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12