Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead set Legends

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead set Legends

G'day guys/gals, been a hectic couple of weeks so havent been around much, but hope things will slow down a bit to give me some time out.
    Since joining this awsome site, i have met some bloody great people, Got some brilliant advice and some bloody cracker deals over the years, both privately and through the vendors thread.
    There are many great characters here which keep this site as special as it is and all the members here are all legends in their own way, but this time round Legendary status goes to 3 in particular for me.

I would like to use this space to thank 4 awsome blokes.

Firstly Scotty (Bigrig), A bloke i have never met in my life. With what started as an enquirey about campers, what to look for, avoid, prices and all that, with no intention to purchase for quite some time due to finances, Next thing you know Scotty throws this deal at me for his camper that was almost to good to be true, I thought he was joking to begin with, but he said seriously if your keen thats the offer. Honestly i would be a toyota driver if i knocked his deal back lol. A few phone calls back and forth to sort out the details and it was pretty much a done deal, THANKS heaps Scotty your a bloody dead set legend mate.

But then there was the logistics of it all. How do i get the bloody thing from QLD to SA. Made a few enquiries as i could not afford the time off work to head north to pick it up, and the deal almost fell through this end due to logistics costs,

Then in steps (The Big fella), and another offer that was to good to knock back, which was pretty much the clincher for me. SOLD SOLD SOLD!!
    Glenn it takes a special kind of guy to do what you do day in day out mate, i take my hat off to ya buddy.
    Scotty you helped get the camper on the back of Big fellas truck, so you know the effort involved, and when i got the pics after loading i thought OMFG, how the hell we gunna unload that, hire a crane, forklift, got me beat, Big fella said 15 x weetbix lol, all under control Pete, mmm Ok i will take your word for it.
    Well, the miss's sent me a txt at about 11.45am Friday telling me Big fella had arrived, i got home from work 1/2 hr later and the Big fella had it all unloaded already, on his own, dont know how ya did it. Nice work mate, after a shower, a chat and a cool bevy, he gave me the run down of the camper and was off again, The man must love to drive. THANKS so much Big Fella, your a ledgend and a top bloke

And then there's Gav (GUtsy ute). I bought a full set of 2" Dobinson coils from him at what i thought was a brilliant price. As the folks live in QLD they were going to pick them up from Gav and pay COD.
    Due to distance between the folks and Gav, then the folks took ill, pick up did not go as schedueled. Gav has been such a patient bloke trying to sort pick up, after many txts back and forth i had almost given up on the folks getting there and was ready to get Gav to send them, Then the camper came up, i queried Gav re; distance to Scottys ??. He wasnt that close but he made the trip to Scottys and gave Scotty the coils to be delivered in the camper. After patiently waiting and all the running around he did, i ask Gav for his bank details to deposit some $$$ for him, bugga me he said Pete As for payment, don't worry about it.
    You were the only one interested and I'm happy to see them used. i was gobsmacked.
    Another bloody legend. again THANKS heaps Gav'.

Yer yer, I might be dribbling on a bit, but little things matter to me, and thanks to these 3 blokes, I have just topped off one of the best weeks i have had for quite some time.
    Thanks so much guys for your assistance, offers and help over the past couple of weeks. It has been Sincerely Appreciated, and i only hope i can repay you all some day.
    and Scotty im over the moon with the camper mate, it is one tuff unit.

P.S
    We can forget young Todd.
    After a forum clean up in the for-sale section, Todd deleted all threads more than a month old, and The camper thread got rubbed out.
    After a quick msg to young Todd asking to point me in the right direction, he spent hour upon hour searching through everything he had deleted, downing many many beams along the way, i believe it was such a tiresome job but allas he came through and the camper thread resufaced, which made things a little easier to convince the manager to ok the purchase. THANKS heaps mate, your a ledgend.

Thanks again guys,
    Cheers and beers Pete
    Last edited by wildgu6; 28th February 2013 at 09:58 PM.
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to wildgu6 For This Useful Post:

93patrol (27th February 2013), AB (27th February 2013), BigRAWesty (27th February 2013), Bigrig (28th February 2013), Clunk (26th February 2013), gaddy (27th February 2013), growler2058 (27th February 2013), Lonicus (27th February 2013), macca (27th February 2013), MudRunnerTD (1st March 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (27th February 2013), ozzymalone (27th February 2013), rusty_nail (27th February 2013), Sir Roofy (27th February 2013), Stropp (27th February 2013), threedogs (27th February 2013), Winnie (27th February 2013), Woof (27th February 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Dead set Legends

Gotta love this place......... Top work fellas

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great post mate it’s always good to see people get the recognition they deserve!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (28th February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so nice to hear stories of nice people helping others out.
    It's the way it should be
    Look after your brothers, & watch each others back.
    Help them if they need it, & guide them where they lack.
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead set Legends

Gotta admit the same here. Scotty & family was so gracious in giving my wife & i somewhere to crash & do the change over of my beloved troll to Timbo a year ago. Absolute top bloke & welcoming family. Also great to see the camper ( which was originally ours) stay in the forum.

Tapatalking my way around.
    Last edited by Dark 1; 27th February 2013 at 12:20 AM.
    Watch out there's a Poo "Yota" lurking in the shadows !

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done to all involved that's just great.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieney View Post
    It's so nice to hear stories of nice people helping others out.
    It's the way it should be
    Look after your brothers, & watch each others back.
    Help them if they need it, & guide them where they lack.
    Couldn't say it any better than that. This forum - or more importantly the people who make this forum - are absolutely awesome!

Jas

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing that with us Pete, well done guys and thanks, stuff like this makes this forum so different from all the others.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead set Legends

Gotta love our secret society.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead set Legends

Good work boys!!

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast