User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my renewal from AAMI, last year they insured it for 43k, this year they want to insure it for 33k. Looks like its time to start looking around.. theres no way I can replace it for 33k with all the extras.
    #1. 2007 Walkabout, Auto, 2" EFS lift, DP chip, 3" Exhaust, cross country intercooler, front and rear diff locks, manual torque convertor lockup, bulbar, IPF driving light, Dawes valve, Boost, EGT and transmission temp gauge, 80 Channel UHF, Black widow storage system, ARB duel wheel carrier. 215 Litre fuel. #2 GQ 95Ti TB42e.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive ensured my GU with Shannons that were very competitive on price and they will do agreed value
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used DGA insurance brokers. Fully insured on and off road. I am in NSW but they are in Vic.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

My 2004 STL with all the goodies costs $750 for $35k agreed value in nz.
    I was pleasantly suprised.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewDan View Post
    Just got my renewal from AAMI, last year they insured it for 43k, this year they want to insure it for 33k. Looks like its time to start looking around.. theres no way I can replace it for 33k with all the extras.
    Hey NewDan - we're with AAMI too ... try giving them a buzz, they will adjust the agreed value, and sometimes it isn't too much extra for that!
    Also is there anyone else on the policy. Hubby is main driver, and I was a named driver (but rarely drive it). Removed me as a named driver and saved $30 a month!! And i confirmed that occasional drivers dont need to be listed (drive it less than once a fortnight, plus trips away).
    Also, with AAMI, every insurance renewal, I call them about it, and they drop the price every time! I just ask them why it's gone up and if there is anything they can do to reduce it.
    2006 GU ST 3.0td manual. CTEK 250S Dual Battery - Ironman 65L Ice Cube - Pioneer AVH-3600DAB - Tough Dog Adj 45mm Shocks, springs and HD steering damper - Airtec Snorkel - King Brown 3" exhaust

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Chaser did a great "The Checkout" special on insurance, you should see if you can find it and watch it.
    In a nutshell, if you don't ask for a reduction on your premium, they will rip you off. That is their plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my troll for 650 through youi.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have mine with Allianz. I am an insurance broker any we place nearly all of our sedans, wagons etc with them as they are by far the best we can deal with for claims service and handling on light vehicles i.e. anything under 2 tonne carry. With pricing you need to appreciate you could get 5 different quotes all underwritten by Allianz from different sources all of which have different price, excess, and policy coverage. Allianz online, via a broker, via a car dealer, via the bank etc

Other than NRMA you will need to list all accessories on the vehicle.

Those with Agreed Value be aware there are changes happening. The Agreed Value may not necessarily be what you get paid if written off. Some insurers are currently changing their definition of Agreed Value essentially providing Market Value. There is nothing wrong with Market Value as I have always insured this way.

A few Direct insurers are imposing high excesses to keep the premiums down as well as none of the benefits others provide such as Excess free Windscreen, Rating 1 protection, signwriting etc

Pretty sure Shannons won't insure business use vehicles.

At the end of the day there are only a handfull of Australian insurers left and the South African companies are desperately trying to obtain market share. IAG and Suncorp have the bulk of the Motor and Domestic insurance in Australia. Something like 80% from memory. Allianz and QBE are the 3rd and 4th largest insurers in Australia then Zurich come in a long way off at 5th (Zurich don't do personal motor only commercial).

We often have clients say I don't like this brand or that brand, what most don't realise is that it is most likely an IAG or Suncorp brand - and now A&G or Budget (both South African). Just look at their websites to see their brands.

On another note IAG and Suncorp won't be a part of the Comparison Websites which are huge in the UK. Budget operate one of the comarison websites in Australia and have been in trouble by ASIC for their advertising. How can you offer a Comparison Website when there are only 4 or so brands and they are all owned by the same company i.e. Budget?

Anyhow, that's my update on the insurance industry for you in a nutshell. At the end of the day like everything you get what you pay for.

If someone asks me for a discount on their car insurance I simply say no, try the direct insurers. There is no profit in car insurance at all whatsoever and hence the premiums keep going up and up. We try to do as little private car insurance as possible because there are just too many claims.
    Last edited by hempo; 3rd October 2014 at 05:55 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hempo For This Useful Post:

Clunk (3rd October 2014), Drewboyaus (3rd October 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^very interesting insight, thanks.

Having just dealt with QBE on the side of the road tonight after a reasonably major crash with the family on board.......they were effing useless and I wouldn't personally insure with them if I had the choice (it is a company vehicle with company chosen insurance).

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    ^^^very interesting insight, thanks.

Having just dealt with QBE on the side of the road tonight after a reasonably major crash with the family on board.......they were effing useless and I wouldn't personally insure with them if I had the choice (it is a company vehicle with company chosen insurance).

Hope no-one was hurt....
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast