Thread: Awning light kit (ebay)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rottodiver View Post
    Hey guys and girls.. thought i would review he awning night light..... i bought this for 101 dollars on ebay from Lightnites L.E.D lighting
    This is a quote cut and paste from their site

* Highest lumen output of any LED light strip available.
    * Highest number of LED's per metre.
    * Flexible & Submersible.
    * Super strong 3M adhesive backing.
    * Wireless remote standard across the range.
    * Remote on/off and dimmer function.
    * Inline "Micro" RF receiver.
    * Most comprehensive kit on the market.
    * 2 Year " Replacement" Warranty.
    * Incredible value for money

the one i bought was 2m long and i was a little sceptical but i was extremely impressed, when we were camping last night it was pitch black (obviuosly it does that when the sun goes down) and this led light strip alone lit up all we needed,i stuck it to the outer side of my awning ()with the 3m tape it came connected too) i have now rolled it up in the awning ready to go next time. the remote worked well from about 30 to 40 meters away(no where near as far as they promoted on there video but definately far enough for anything anyone would need.
    i am not the least impressed with the lack of communication from the company when i asked them a question but the product was well worth it. Only real downful i can really see is if the remote gets lost or damaged i am not sure if a replacement could be purchased(not that it would help if out camping for a while although the lights came straight on when power was connected to them!!

i have posted a couple pics i took last night while camping!!

Scotty
    I purchased one of these a month ago and have been sent two defective units, they have now refunded my money and said this to me, " we don't feel we will be able to make you 100% happy with your purchase."
    Last edited by MEGOMONSTER; 21st April 2013 at 01:01 PM.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the pre made kits are $300 plus!!!
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Megamonster,
    Sorry to hear that, I have used mine quite a bit now and no problems at all...what were the faults out of curiosity... Maybe I haven't noticed it yet!
    Scotty

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rottodiver View Post
    Megamonster,
    Sorry to hear that, I have used mine quite a bit now and no problems at all...what were the faults out of curiosity... Maybe I haven't noticed it yet!
    Scotty
    They weren't faulty as such but slightly defective.
    I had been sent two units where the silicone rubber surrounding the LED strip was cracked right through to the strip.
    The lights them selves were great.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked and told him several times that I do not want a refund but a replacement.
    I also asked that he personally check the unit before sending the third unit.
    The reply I received was him saying that he has refunded the purchase price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123