Thread: Awning light kit (ebay)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Nice one Scotty, for simple plug and play already to go, I don't think you paid over the odds mate. Specially if you consider the average hourly rate is approx $80 - $100 an hour now. So if you think about it, you may have actually save yourself some money.

Is there such a thing as RTI..... Repetitive Tapping Injury?????
    Yep I agree. If your not that way inclined then it's great value. The remote is a nice touch. The seller is not profiting as much as some others so it's a reasonable deal all round. Enjoy mate
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Basically Zero mate! Go for your life.

Buying a 5m length and cutting it up is a winner though, do that. Buy strip and then a dimmer and an inline switch and make you own for next to nothing. The dimmer is a winner.
    Cheers, was looking at this:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150985823...84.m1423.l2649 and this:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150985823...84.m1423.l2649
    cheap and will have enough leftover to do the barn doors too

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning light kit (ebay)

Hey a gabe.... 30 led a meter seems a bit light on.. Mine is 120 so when I set mine to 25 percent on the remote I assume that would be similar output.... Not really bright enough to cook dinner but I guess you could put 4 lengths of 2m up and that should work!!

Scotty

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rottodiver For This Useful Post:

Gabe (17th February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty much after something for the awning just for sitting under for a few drinks rather than cooking under but I guess if it's not bright enough I can do what you suggest and put a few more strips up, should be enough there for what i need...

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rottodiver View Post
    yeah was all made up... plug in and away we went....... found the remote useful aswell as we turned all the lights off after going to bed!!! yeah maybe a bit steep by comparison to yours.. on another note the 3 brightnesses were great too, because after cooking we turned them down to 25% (3 stages 25,50 and 100 per cent) and it was great!!!

Scotty
    Yeah I made my own using 5050SMD leds. 2 of them about a meter long each, with 7 metre leads and they can be piggy backed of each other. I only used a water proof on/off switch. As I don't see the need to have the lights on at all if your sitting around the camp fire. If you cook in the dark you have them on, and turn them off when your not there. Just wasting power in my opinion.
    Last year we went camping and the only spot left we near a family, I though it would be good as they will be quiet, which they were, but the had lights on the whole bloody night which spoils the atmosphere of camping. Its worst when people camp using a generator. Nothing a handful of sand in the tank wont fix...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They'd use bugger all power if only using 4 hrs a night, My dimmer is %%% to love 75%-50%-25% real battery saver that one
    We use as night wears on and eyes get weary lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeez TD that way to technical. KISS is your idea, and its not KISS mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gabe, and others that are interested.
    A 'standard' LED draws approximately 0.06A
    A 5W lobe (1 park light) draws 0.42A
    The quantity of current your battery is able to deliver over time relates to the Ah capacity of it. Talking about good battery, being charged properly.
    eg a 100Ah battery can deliver 100A for 1h; or it can deliver 1A for 100h.
    That's pretty much the crux of it
    So you could run ten 5W globes to give you lighting and your battery will last just under 24 hours.
    OR you could run near on 70 plus LEDs for about the same time.
    Given that you probably would not need 70 LEDs, as you will most likely be blind, you could use maybe half that and double the time.
    I used four daytime running lights (all for $13 delivered from Ebay) on the side of my little caravan and they give plenty of light.
    I could have them going 24 hours, on full brightness, before the battery needs charging again.
    Buy a 5m strip off Ebay and cut / solder them yourself.
    Want a step-by-step guide? I can do this as I have done for a couple mates. clieneman@yahoo.com.au
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be better to get pm's rather than put your email in public to get spam mail, just a suggestion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gabe, and others that are interested.
    A 'standard' LED draws approximately 0.06A. This is the 'theoretical' figure. I am certain some are more, or less.
    A 5W lobe (1 park light 5-7Amps) draws 0.42A
    The quantity of current your battery is able to deliver over time relates to the Ah capacity of it. (of course this is a fully charged and in good the condition etc)
    eg a 100Ah battery can deliver 100A for 1hr; or it can deliver 1A for 100hr, or 50A for 1/2 hr etc.
    So you could run ten 5W globes to give you lighting and your battery will last just under 24 hours.
    OR you could run near on 70 plus LEDs for about the same time.
    Given that you probably would not need 70 LEDs, as you will most likely be blind, you could use maybe half that, thus double the time. This is without charging the battery.
    I used four daytime running lights on the side of my little caravan and they give plenty of light. Complements of Ebay at $2.14 a pair plus freight. $13.90 total Cheers.
    I could have them going 24 hours +/-, on full brightness, before the battery needs charging again.
    Buy a 5m strip off Ebay and cut / solder them yourself. It has adhesive on the back. Get the 600 LED per strip as there are 300 ones also. $9.30 delivered to my door. Also have little flat mini switches that dim, flash etc and are listed for $3.99. I got 2 for $7. Look out epileptics cause WOW!!
    Want a step-by-step guide on how to cut your 5m strip in pieces and solder it?
    I can do this as I have done for a couple mates. clieneman@yahoo.com.au
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lieney For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (21st February 2013)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast