Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question with hi egts

Would like to information please,

started on the NADS conversion, just installed a 3 inch X-Force exhaust systems with a PYRO and Gauge (AUBER INSTUMENTS) I have the EGR block off plate but not installed yet, I have the Dawes valve also not installed as yet Engine is a ZD30TDDI I am waiting on boost controller and another Tee pce before I install the rest.

I have just taken her for a test drive and have found the Boost comes on a little earlier now, around 2500rpm, the gears wind out a lot smoother and feels better in each gear, but I know can see that the pyro readings are around 750-850 C with boost and can climb to around 950 without boost say in 5th gear around 110k's

Boost max at the moment has dropped from 14psi to 10psi which I can adjust after the dawes is installed

So my question is when I have blocked og the EGR and installed the Dawes Valve would it be fair to say I would achieve pyro reading at around the 550 C mark

If this is what they are know I can only imagine what they would have been like before

any input would be great full
    2001 GU PATROL, NADS, 3 INCH LIFT, ECUTALK GAUGE, YOKO GEO LANDER 33's, PEDDERS H/D SPRINGS, TOUGH DOG 45MM ADJ, TEMP & BOOST GAUGE, DUAL BATTERY VOLT METER, LIGHT-FORCE 170mm D/L, WARN HI MOUNT WINCH, BOGART'S TURBO TIMER, 3 INCH X- FORCE EXHAUST, PYRO GAUGE, SAFARI DTRONIC DIESEL CHIP, ZAPSTONE 400-490 MEG UHF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    750 - 850 degrees geeeee u want that thing to go BANG....... If i was you id be backing off at 500 and going no higher than 550 max wow. U should be installing the needle valve with the dawes to bring those egts down.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i am just waiting for the needle valve to arrive so i can install it them, i assume it being like it for a while we had the head done about 18 months ago and now trying to do the NADS conversion, if i back off to 500 or 550 i will never get anywhere, i just hoping that the pump is not on its way out as well
    2001 GU PATROL, NADS, 3 INCH LIFT, ECUTALK GAUGE, YOKO GEO LANDER 33's, PEDDERS H/D SPRINGS, TOUGH DOG 45MM ADJ, TEMP & BOOST GAUGE, DUAL BATTERY VOLT METER, LIGHT-FORCE 170mm D/L, WARN HI MOUNT WINCH, BOGART'S TURBO TIMER, 3 INCH X- FORCE EXHAUST, PYRO GAUGE, SAFARI DTRONIC DIESEL CHIP, ZAPSTONE 400-490 MEG UHF

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    is that Pre or Post turbo temp readings?

If that is Post turbo then you have some serious issues my friend!!! you need to Check your Wiring. get it on a Dyno FAST> and calibrate your gauge against the Dyno gauge.

good luck
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be parking that thing up and taking it nowhere, for your sake i hope you have a faulty gauge

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no these are post readings, unless i have stuffed up the settings on the gauge, but i don't thinks so, as i am 4-5 hours from my nearest dyno but i hope to have it there soon, its a risk i have to take at the moment, this is why i asked the question.

just say a prayer for me then

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i hope i have set the gauge wrong, but that's what i am seeing at the moment. i think i need to get a infra red thermo reader to ensure the readings i am getting are correct
    Last edited by Gu01patrol; 16th February 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i think you have it set in Fahrenheit? i hope you do
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i checked it a few times it shows it in Cel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugger mate. Something be wrong there......

Jas

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast