OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: G'day im gardy from mooroolbark,i built the gq "jbs" talked about on long weekend

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G'day im gardy from mooroolbark,i built the gq "jbs" talked about on long weekend

Gday patrols boys and girls, im known as Gardy, i have always been an old hemi valiant man but last year and a bit a one eyed diesel drinkin GQ Boy!!! If ome of you read some post back from the Long weekend JBS posted about a gq shell over, well that was my truck! Bought what was supposed to be worlds cleanest GQ- 4.2 turbs diesel, running 15pound with 4" sus lift and 35"mudzillaz.
    After i paid a fortune i drove it home in the rain to realise my feet getting soaked, cut a long story short was given fake ph numbers etc the shell was completely ructed out but hidden, the plenum chamber-lower w/screen was literally gone, a whole each side about the size of a sherrin footy! Floor had six tennis ball size holes and pillars all rusty but covered in bog.
    So very Stressed and shattered i tracked down a ripping young bloke needeing cash for a boozy weekend, i bought a white(same as mine BONUS) shell that included everything including full ST interior front and rear perfect disc diffs barn doors bonnet GU tailshafts everythin minus motor gearbox and dors/guards. Got it all for $450!!!!!

So i then thought well it'd be easier puttin my TD42/gearbox and panels in this than swap the shell over, sort of a bad idea, tried pullin box and engine out together -had to cut half the front off the old shell, then swapping loom and dash-pretty big job-anyone got questions il have the answer lol but yeah as was petrol gas had to do whole loom but in 3 days had a complete running rust free gq that had gone from a DX to ST, now after a full respray it would be one of the cleanest kicking around, chucked a heapa mods on her now but im boring you, so gday im gardy, dont be scared to say gday some time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Gardy. Sounds like an interesting project, when you get time throw some photos up in the members rides section.
    It sounds like the car you have is exactly what AB our administrator is looking for.

Tony

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheap, time consuming project vehicle you got ther Gardy. Welcome to Nissans Nut House, plenty of help here Mate. Where you from?

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi tim, Im out eastern suburbs mate, out Lilydale Mooroolbark way. And yeah was real time consuming,i mean sure only 3days but those 3days were from 9am-4am so loooong days. love it now though rained all day and she's dry as a bone

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tony yeah i will try and get some together i wish i had taken more than i did but hands were too greasy!!!! I believe one of the administrators lives in Yarra glenn vic yeah? He was talking of popping up when we were building Polly (the GQ lol)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Gardy.

Welcome to the forum. I used to live up in the Alexandra/Lake Eildon area when I was growing up. Nice area u live in.

Take care out there.

Ross
    DX grunt
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate, I remember that story, what a mission but well done!

Some pics would be great if you get a chance mate.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome mate, enjoy the forum

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you think you are boaring people with words, time to start with pictures
    Last edited by lthall; 14th December 2010 at 12:07 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.