Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel Guide

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel Guide

Curious to see what this great land has on offer, so thought i would get this one started.
    List 3 places in the state you currently live in that you have visited & enjoyed, with a brief description. Doesnt have to be 4x4 related.
    Here goes:

1; McLaren Vale S.AGreat wine region 35kms sth of Adelaide. Best time Sea & Vines Festival, June long weekend
    Hosts 20 of the regions best wineries, great food from Adelaides top resturaunts and great music from some of Adelaides top bands. best by mini bus or designated driver

2; Parachilna -Flinders Ranges S.A490kms nth of Adelaide hosts the award winng Praire Hotel which frequents international celeb's & film makers. Great outback meals (Roo, Emu, Camel, Possum etc) a little pricey but well worth it.
    15 mins from Great 4x4 tracks & terrain @ Willow Springs (Skytrek famous in the area) & Parachilna Gorge. Great camping. Best time spring

3; Barmera - Riverland S.ALake Bonney caravan park on the lake, great for all types of watersports & a spot of fishing. Some great wineries in the area. 20 mins from Berri & Renmark, Great little towns with plenty of sites to see. Best time summer / spring
    Monash adveture park for big & small kids. And only 15 mins from Loveday 4x4 Adventure park.(recomended)

Cheers Pete
    Last edited by wildgu6; 1st December 2010 at 08:28 PM.
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wildgu6 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (10th November 2011), Plasnart (14th December 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 718 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g`day wild 98
    Looks like nobody goes anywhere well I`ve got a couple
    1 The Bublacowie Military Museum & Memorial .
    This museum is on Southern Yorke Peninsula SA GPS coordinates 34-55.18S 137-36.38E or its onBublacowie Rd Bublacowie SA.
    The museum is built onthe former Bublacowie school grounds and is owned and run by an ex vet Chris Soar . There is a camp site on the grounds as well as a souvenir & craft shop as well as refeshments. We took about 3 to4 hours and I know we missed a few things It`s open Sundays ,Mondays & tuesdays . If your in the area this is a must see for anyone slightly interested in our military history.
    2 Burra
    Burra is a mid north town about 150 k`s north of Adelaide on the Barrier highway. This old copper minning town is so rich in history that you can spend 2 to 3 days exploring and not see every thing .It has a good camp ground a couple of good pubs and cafes. To strart exploring you should start at the info centre and get all their info.
    Coffin Bay
    Coffin Bay southern Eyre Peninsular what a great place, top fishing great camping and a few 4wd tracks. Spend a week or two just relaxing or fishing . Did I mention 4wding as well.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pearcey For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (13th December 2011), MudRunnerTD (10th November 2011), wildgu6 (23rd November 2011)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gday to all who like travelling and to the ones who are missing out on this great country of ours. there are to many great places to see and too numerouse. as every one sees the places different. some places i have enjoyed are.1 coffin bay eyre peninsula sa
    2. side trips from the eyre highway to the coast and in land.
    3. Visiting small towns around the eyre peninsula.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to malliz For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (23rd November 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work pearcey, took 11 months but finally a response........LOL
    Good work mate..Been to Burra a couple of times but never past the pub and bush, get good feeds of yabbies up there buddy, nice little camp site just out of town.
    Coffin bay..tops mate. Great beach's and fishing up that way.

Cheers Pete
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No1 Toowoomba Swap Meet, Beenleigh Heritage Truck Day, Allora Swap Meet/Heritage Weekend.
    No2 Gold Coast hinterland(O'riellys, Binna Burra, Springbrook) yet to some 4 wheelin up there.
    No3 Fishing the Gold coast area, estuaries surf, sun sand, salty water, no fish all fun all weekend.

Bet none of you saw that coming.

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Finly Owner For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (24th November 2011)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G`day Pete.
    Here`s three more.
    1 Roxby Downs to Andamooka then on to Farina across the top of lake Torrens. Roxby has guided tours, good shopping for a stock up but accommodation can be very hard to get some times. Black top to Andamooka great opal mining town top pub speak to locals and they may get you down a working mine. We bush camp out by the lake. The track to Farina is reasonable with a few sand hills to cross,I towed a 14 ft offroad van through with little trouble. You do have to pay a small fee at one station for road maintance. Farina is a goast town with a lot of history and some of the buildings are being restored. Camping here is good bush camping with showers and toilets.
    2 The Painted Desert. Camp at Coober Pedy and check out all that`s there. It`s a very interesting town allow 2 days, then day trip to the Painted Desert. It is a great place for landscape photography. If you so desired a day trip to Moon Plains is well worth the effort.
    Both places above recomended travel times winter and spring.
    3 Now back to the coast .
    Lower York Peninsula.This is a top fishing spot. You can find top spots through out Innes Natoinal Park such as Stenhouse Bay, Ethel Beach which if you are lucky enough you may see the last remains of the Ethel wreck, which is now all but gone to Davey Jones locker. Pondalowie Bay which is one of the best surf beaches in SA. Then there is Browns Beach famous for big Salmon mind you it`s a lond hard climb with allyour tackle and 20 k of fish.Best time March to Oct.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finly Owner View Post

Bet none of you saw that coming.

Tim
    Well well stranger, BAM..... Not at all mate, how you been Tim....long time since actually been on at the same time mate.

Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    G`day Pete.
    Then there is Browns Beach famous for big Salmon mind you it`s a lond hard climb with allyour tackle and 20 k of fish.Best time March to Oct.
    Hey pearcey, long hard climb indeed....... 1st time ever did that climb mate i had a smoke hangin out the gob, every one said you wont need that and i laughed and said yer right.... Yer right all right the smoke didnt last 2 minutes and i was huffin and puffin like an old man, smoke went but conquered the climb for absoulute brilliant untouched waters. Bloody beatiful area and i might add, when was there the ants were bloody huge meat eating monsters.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pete.
    Im an old bloke so huff and puff is my middle name . But it`s worth it if the fish are on.
    Thought you ought to know I`m off to the Coorong for a week to try for some 15kg plus Mulloway. My son and a couple of mates got into them last week end with good results.
    Got a heap more spots to post up, plus alot of interstate ones later so lets hope others will follow your lead.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    Pete.
    Im an old bloke so huff and puff is my middle name . But it`s worth it if the fish are on.
    Thought you ought to know I`m off to the Coorong for a week to try for some 15kg plus Mulloway. My son and a couple of mates got into them last week end with good results.
    Got a heap more spots to post up, plus alot of interstate ones later so lets hope others will follow your lead.
    Too right pearcey, and the water is soooo blue when you get to the top of the hill, Looks absoulutely gorgeous. Good luck with the mulloway buddy,
    Grab some happy snaps of the big one. Stay safe

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I`d better post this as I`d heard a rumor this place may close down.
    The Peter Brock museum in Yeppoon Queensland. It`s a museum dedicated to Peters racing life with most of his actual race cars, some of which are still raced in comps today. I spent 2 to 3 hours there and found it top value for the money.
    As we are in Queensland here are a couple more.
    1 Einasleigh which is just south of Mt Surprise, it`s on the banks of the Copperfield river. The pub has a large room dedicated to a fabulous collection of miniature dolls houses,I know girly stuff. Don't be fooled the workmanship and detail is fantastic even down to dove tails in the draws which may only be a 5 to 10 mil in height.There are plenty of model cars and other stuff to check out as well.
    There is also a wonderful gorge to photograph and if the water level is ok a swim may be the order of the day.
    2 Porcupine gorge national park. this is just north of Hughenden it`s a good place to camp up and relax for a couple of days.The gorge is quite large and the climb down to the river is steep and should be done in the coolest part of the day. It is a good idea to try and book a camp site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast