Thread: plas rope

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plas rope

Guys I have a warn xd9000 on my vehicle and wanted to know what length and size rope to put on and a good supplier.Also we tyested the soleinoid pac and they were all u/s so need three more as i already sourced 1 in mackay but was all they had.
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate I have a tabor 9k winch (made by warn and same size ) and I upgraded to rope and got 9mm x 35 m and I don't think you would want to put much more then that on as during winching it can bunch depending on the situation and you dont want it to bind up or jam in it , I got mine off ebay and have had it for a year and done some decent pulls with it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

Dr Gary (6th February 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ps.
    Also I got a 2nd rope protector for my rope to protect the first layer from heat from the drum

6. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

dads tractor (3rd February 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I reckon 35m will be to much. You want at least 9mm but 10mm would be better.

Junk your solenoid box completely and buy a solid state solenoid like a Titan for long service and a cheaper price. No brainer. Junk them.

Ebay
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you went 10mm I don't think you would want more than 28m to make sure it fits , the only thing that put me off thicker rope was the length loss. also you will have to replace your fairlead for a rope compatible one.
    And from what I read when looking into rope for mine they are apparently 20% stronger than wire of the same diameter so if yours came with 8mm then getting 10mm would be a big improvement in strength.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Be aware also that a Low Mount winch has the Brake built into the inside of the drum. If you use Winch out allot then the drum can get really HOT! A plasma doesn't like hot. Buy a 5m sheath for the first few wraps of the drum to protect it from the heat a little.

I am a big fan of 10mm rope at least for your GQ or GU as they are a heavy car. 28m is plenty and a winch extension strap will sort the rest out.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

dads tractor (3rd February 2013), Dr Gary (6th February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Be aware also that a Low Mount winch has the Brake built into the inside of the drum. If you use Winch out allot then the drum can get really HOT! A plasma doesn't like hot. Buy a 5m sheath for the first few wraps of the drum to protect it from the heat a little.

I am a big fan of 10mm rope at least for your GQ or GU as they are a heavy car. 28m is plenty and a winch extension strap will sort the rest out.
    Where would you get a rope sheath? Or do you make it?
    95 Rodeo Crew Cab Navara well body on the back Supercharged 3.5 DOHC V6
    Jackaroo chassis with YET ANOTHER broken CV.....
    GQ rolling chassis 'rectification works' to be applied shortly

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can pick em up prity cheap on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sis.html?...K+4X4+GQ+HILUX

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You'll be saving a bit of weight to. 30 mtrs of steel cable weighs maybe 15-20kg
    Dyneema /plasma bugger all ,has to be a good thing even changing the roller fairlead
    to a Hawes will save even more weight. As you can go poly style for lighter again.
    All Pluses IMO, #0-35 mtr of 10mm what now $200, well worth it, why all that weight
    on your front end
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the issues around Dyneema etc getting pulled in to wraps on the winch. What is needed to ensure the rope does not bunch or get between wraps and become a solid mess?? Any advice/comments please.
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast