Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Had a new Y62 Patrol for a night

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not their mark, having just bought a brand new Y61 for all the reasons not to buy a Y62 or 200 series but I think they have some merit and place in our market once people reprogram. Reading reports they are more capable offroad than a 200 series are smoother and quiter etc. On the topic of fuel, 200 series owners use anywhere up to about 25L/100km towing and proud of it for the power. This has more power and if it does use more fuel it is marginal and the $ difference in purchase between it and the Toyo will pay for the gap easily. Resale is probably the question mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonicus View Post
    Yeah, I meant in the early years of local release. Personally I'd go with a Y61 and keep the change for a boat for after the trip
    Those were my thoughts too!! (Just purchased a Y61).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ― André Gide

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some guys in Melbourne have one fitted with a full Radflow Remote Res suspension system. 2" lift and would handle it well on that setup.

A Rasller rear bar with swing away some long range tanks and would make a wicked tourer!

I did a trip through the centre a few years so towing the camper with another guy towing with a 4.8. He was sucking soooo much juice! But! He got everywhere I got with the fuel range. This is the key. Fuel range.

A conversation at a fuel stop pretty well hit it in a nut shell, running on LPG is cheap enough through the year and the $10,000 difference in purchase price quickly offsets the cost of fuel when touring.

Assuming that this 5.6l petrol is as tidy as the LS2 then the fuel economy around town and country travelling would be more than impressive for the power.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coiled View Post
    I am not their mark, having just bought a brand new Y61 for all the reasons not to buy a Y62 or 200 series but I think they have some merit and place in our market once people reprogram. Reading reports they are more capable offroad than a 200 series are smoother and quiter etc. On the topic of fuel, 200 series owners use anywhere up to about 25L/100km towing and proud of it for the power. This has more power and if it does use more fuel it is marginal and the $ difference in purchase between it and the Toyo will pay for the gap easily. Resale is probably the question mark.
    Good points. It will be interesting to compare some towing fuel figures to the 200LC. I have certainly seen 25l/100km in a 200 series when towing my boat and camping gear. If this petrol V8 is anywhere close to that, it might be an interesting comparison.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123