Page 92 of 109 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm normally a private person, but I believe I know why I got so many tattoos in a short amount of time.

I know I've been jovial about getting them, but the real reason I got them is because of depression.

My tattoo artist - is male - and is bright, bubbly and good to be around. That's why I kept going back.

As some people will know, tattoos is certain locations, cane to the max. I knew that it was only short term pain, so I persevered.

Having said that, I don't regret getting one tattoo.

Tattoos were my stress relief.

My wife has a permanent disability and will never work as a nurse or vollie ambo, ever again. She has excellent skills, which she now can't use.

Money is not the issue. It's been the stress of me doing shift work, house work, garden work and her permanent disability.

My wife is on permanent medication and feels pain, quite often.

Going off road with her, is now out of the question. I do enjoy solo camping, but I do enjoy going camping with the wife.

Her train of thought and energy has now gone towards helping baby kangaroos, whose parent is no longer with us.

Like many of you, I live day by day.

Today has enough challenges without worrying about tomorrow.

I am not ashamed to tell you all that I have sought, and will continue to seek, professional help in dealing with this issue - depression.

Take care, God bless, and I love you all - unconditionally.

Rossco
    Last edited by DX grunt; 12th April 2017 at 09:30 PM.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

Avo (15th April 2017), BigRAWesty (13th April 2017), Clunk (12th April 2017), GQtdauto (12th April 2017), Hodge (12th April 2017), jack (12th April 2017), jay see (13th April 2017), katwoman (12th April 2017), MB (13th April 2017), mudnut (12th April 2017), Plasnart (13th April 2017), Rossco (12th April 2017), TPC (12th April 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant Rossco , that takes guts and helps to get it out , had a work injury that was complicated by CRPS which ended my working career and started the roller coaster ride your on and part of .
    The tattoo thing believe it or not is common both with pain sufferers and their partners , probably for the reasons you have outlined .
    I've done a few stints in a pain program both three weeks full time as an inpatient of Wodonga Hospital and now I'm slowly getting back together , was a member in a pain forum for years and have heard and seen things tragic and amazing .
    I guess what I'm trying to say is I admire you're courage and dedication it's not easy to do what you do and that's something learned from experience.

Robert

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (13th April 2017), DX grunt (12th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Brilliant Rossco , that takes guts and helps to get it out , had a work injury that was complicated by CRPS which ended my working career and started the roller coaster ride your on and part of .
    The tattoo thing believe it or not is common both with pain sufferers and their partners , probably for the reasons you have outlined .
    I've done a few stints in a pain program both three weeks full time as an inpatient of Wodonga Hospital and now I'm slowly getting back together , was a member in a pain forum for years and have heard and seen things tragic and amazing .
    I guess what I'm trying to say is I admire you're courage and dedication it's not easy to do what you do and that's something learned from experience.

Robert
    Thanks, Robert.

Even talking about it, I believe, plays an important role in the healing process.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (13th April 2017), BigRAWesty (13th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Thanks, Robert.

Even talking about it, I believe, plays an important role in the healing process.

Rossco
    Time for another camp out mate

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (12th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude first time with a shrink I spent 15 minutes crying like a baby , I mean a grown man for christs sake , but that attitude and wrong medication for the pain didn't help my cause , and must admit the shrink did help me .
    Talking with people in the same similar circumstances can be a saviour too .

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (13th April 2017), DX grunt (12th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Time for another camp out mate
    Absolutely.

Show us your.... tatts. lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

AB (14th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Dude first time with a shrink I spent 15 minutes crying like a baby , I mean a grown man for christs sake , but that attitude and wrong medication for the pain didn't help my cause , and must admit the shrink did help me .
    Talking with people in the same similar circumstances can be a saviour too .
    I firmly believe, crying is part of the healing process.

When I got divorced, with 4 young sons involved, I cried and cried and cried. It really did help.

My mistake was not getting professional help for me and then my kids, then all of us as a whole.

Rossco
    Last edited by DX grunt; 12th April 2017 at 10:16 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (13th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there done that .

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (12th April 2017), Yeti's Beast (26th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my third 256 View Post
    wife just got a phone call from son living in brisbane
    mum please help something is wrong with me can you come on the next plane i need you
    every thing dropped within 3 hours on plane
    straight to doctor and he has seveere depresion and contacts his work /they are very concerned also
    wife will stay in brisbane for a while till things settle down
    maybe he can get transferr to adelaide and have the support of the family as there is no one up there for him
    Mate, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones - and of course, your son.

I believe there are a lot of members on here that are thinking about you, and others, and their circumstances, but don't have words to express their true feelings, 'on paper'.

I firmly believe most forum members love and care and respect all of you.

To all of you reading the depression thread. I have unconditional love to all of you.....warts and all.

We all have warts and all.

Take care out there.

Rossco.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (13th April 2017), GQtdauto (12th April 2017), jay see (13th April 2017), katwoman (27th May 2017), pearcey (13th April 2017), threedogs (26th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    any update on your son yet, depression is a hideous disease
    thoughts with you at this time........
    he has been to a sycolegist a couple of times and is getting tothe root of the problem
    also part is he is very home sick so we booked a ticket for him to come home for easter and a few more days
    and one on one days with mum
    he is the most inportant one at the moment so daughter will be my side cick
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to my third 256 For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (13th April 2017), DX grunt (13th April 2017), GQtdauto (13th April 2017), MB (13th April 2017), threedogs (13th April 2017)

Page 92 of 109 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast