Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo View Post
    Wow, that's a Ti... Mine was only an ST.

Still miss seeing it when opening the front door each day...

Evo
    Has it gone already??? Dam that was quick
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    Has it gone already??? Dam that was quick
    Yeah, advertised on a Friday, sold the next day...

Evo
    Cheers,

Evo

Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, advertised on a Friday, sold the next day...

Evo
    Well at least it was short and painless.
    The time will come again. Hopefully it's lightened the finical load a bit for you guys.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I'm still lurking around in the shadows...

I don't think it has really lightened the load as such, but due to the sale, we were able to put most of what I got for the GU into a term deposit.
    And with the little bit I had left over, paid off a few things that were overdue, finally took the cat to the vet (months and months overdue), got a service and new brakes for the mrs car, filling my prescription for meds, and I ended up having to get another car anyway, a cheap daily drive, as it was too much hassle with1 car and the mrs having inconsistent start/finish times at work...

Almost back where we were in the sense of day to day living, but things might be looking a bit better for the future...

I still have my dark days, but I might be starting to believe in that mystical 'light at the end of the tunnel', even though I haven't seen it yet.

Evo
    Last edited by Evo; 13th June 2015 at 02:56 AM.
    Cheers,

Evo

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Evo For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (13th June 2015), Clunk (13th June 2015), jack (13th June 2015), MEGOMONSTER (13th June 2015), mudnut (13th June 2015), NissanGQ4.2 (30th October 2015), Patrol'n (3rd August 2015), Rossco (13th June 2015), rusty_nail (13th June 2015), Stropp (13th June 2015), threedogs (13th June 2015), Woof (13th June 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think it has really lightened the load as such, but due to the sale, we were able to put most of what I got for the GU into a term deposit.
    And with the little bit I had left over, paid off a few things that were overdue, finally took the cat to the vet (months and months overdue), got a service and new brakes for the mrs car, filling my prescription for meds, and I ended up having to get another car anyway, a cheap daily drive, as it was too much hassle with1 car and the mrs having inconsistent start/finish times at work...

Almost back where we were in the sense of day to day living, but things might be looking a bit better for the future...

I still have my dark days, but I might be starting to believe in that mystical 'light at the end of the tunnel', even though I haven't seen it yet.

Evo
    Great news there Evo, yes there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, but sometimes we have to go around a few corners first to find it mate
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (3rd November 2015), Bigcol (13th June 2015), Evo (15th June 2015), Stropp (13th June 2015), threedogs (13th June 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evo

good to see you still here mate, glad that you were able to put some cash aside too makes things better to know you have a little stash if you need it.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Evo (15th June 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear things are getting a bit easier for you Evo

Never underestimate the power of the tap, let it flow through you.
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

Evo (15th June 2015)

Greensborough / sunshine / Aspendale. Kind of homeless at the mo
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i guess this post belongs here.. Its going to be short because i'm at work and about to head into a meeting.

Last night I tucked my infant son into bed, waited until he'd settled, and then collected my clothes for work today and jumped in the currently plague ridden mobile fortress and drove 45 minutes to the couch i would be sleeping on and my interim accommodation whilst i figure out how does ones wife stop loving you, how does ones wife say they cannot live under the same roof as you and how does one not make the mistakes his own father did when his parents separated and ultimately divorced....

Im not going to do anything stupid, i have my son to live for so thats not even an issue, but the absolute earth shattering devastation that sees me randomly break down sobbing and incapable of speaking is so much worse than ive ever experienced in a life that has seen some highs and more lows than most has rocked me to the core. Of course today they then announce a restructure that whilst has no immediate concern for employment absolutely hamstrings 4 years of best practise delivery and career planning despite a very carefully and well considered submission during consulting phase that would future proof the organisation and yield outstanding customer experience uplift - basically everything i am passionate about professionally and personally has in the space of 30 hours been ripped violently away from me and to my mind the battle i see ahead of me on both fronts to retain even a grip is almost, almost, beyond reach.

I am not giving up, I will fight but right now I am sadder than i have ever been before - chances are i'll have a parking ticket on the car to round the day out...

Anyhow - What im going to take from this and what i hope others do is that ive been through some pretty ordinary (understatement) crap in my life but this is by far the worst, and I am not giving up. I am not waiting for someone to walk up and lick me up because that is my job. I am responsible for me. I am going to make the best out this situation somehow. I am going to find a way that suits everyone and ensures i still get tto be the dad i never had, that i dreamed i would be and that my son deserves. somehow.......

anyhow, thanks for reading...

PS have you ever noticed that at times like this every friggen song you hear is about lost love or please stay etc etc etc... Universe, God, Aliens whoever its not funny
    02 GU3 Dual Fl Y61 4.8 Auto. 3"OME, Snorkel, roof tray, Dual Batt, CB, d8r winch, ledlightco bar, fact steel BB, Elec Tow. hid spots, rvrs & tow cams, rear door rattle fix, saas dual volt gauge, mostly fin cust dash pod, ludicrous work lights. TO DO: convert headlights - led? rear tails, full overhaul trannie & engine. rear storage. door table. O/h interior storage, Paint Matt black. Bash guards. Side rails. Roof ladder. Awning.

14. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to SpecialDave For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (3rd November 2015), 4bye4 (4th August 2015), AB (3rd August 2015), Bloodyaussie (3rd August 2015), cgm (3rd August 2015), Clunk (3rd August 2015), dom14 (4th August 2015), DX grunt (3rd August 2015), jack (3rd August 2015), LaughingBeagles (2nd November 2015), mudnut (4th August 2015), mudski (3rd August 2015), NissanGQ4.2 (30th October 2015), oncedisturbed (3rd August 2015), ova50 (3rd August 2015), Touses (7th May 2016), TPC (3rd August 2015), Woof (3rd August 2015)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialDave View Post
    so i guess this post belongs here.. Its going to be short because i'm at work and about to head into a meeting.

Last night I tucked my infant son into bed, waited until he'd settled, and then collected my clothes for work today and jumped in the currently plague ridden mobile fortress and drove 45 minutes to the couch i would be sleeping on and my interim accommodation whilst i figure out how does ones wife stop loving you, how does ones wife say they cannot live under the same roof as you and how does one not make the mistakes his own father did when his parents separated and ultimately divorced....

Im not going to do anything stupid, i have my son to live for so thats not even an issue, but the absolute earth shattering devastation that sees me randomly break down sobbing and incapable of speaking is so much worse than ive ever experienced in a life that has seen some highs and more lows than most has rocked me to the core. Of course today they then announce a restructure that whilst has no immediate concern for employment absolutely hamstrings 4 years of best practise delivery and career planning despite a very carefully and well considered submission during consulting phase that would future proof the organisation and yield outstanding customer experience uplift - basically everything i am passionate about professionally and personally has in the space of 30 hours been ripped violently away from me and to my mind the battle i see ahead of me on both fronts to retain even a grip is almost, almost, beyond reach.

I am not giving up, I will fight but right now I am sadder than i have ever been before - chances are i'll have a parking ticket on the car to round the day out...

Anyhow - What im going to take from this and what i hope others do is that ive been through some pretty ordinary (understatement) crap in my life but this is by far the worst, and I am not giving up. I am not waiting for someone to walk up and lick me up because that is my job. I am responsible for me. I am going to make the best out this situation somehow. I am going to find a way that suits everyone and ensures i still get tto be the dad i never had, that i dreamed i would be and that my son deserves. somehow.......

PS have you ever noticed that at times like this every friggen song you hear is about lost love or please stay etc etc etc... Universe, God, Aliens whoever its not funny
    No words for you mate just here listening to you and hope it helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialDave View Post

Firstly, thank you for sharing part of your life with me.

Without going into too much detail, about 16 years ago, I separated then divorced.

I had to leave behind my 4 boys aged from 2-12, so I fully understand your roller coaster ride of emotions and feelings.

I've had temporary accommodation, too. I lived in a converted bathroom at a caravan park for a while, until I sorted myself out.

I'd strongly encourage you to seek professional help - sooner rather than later, please. I didn't for such a long time and found that it did help.

I don't know you from 'a bar of soap', but you sound like the type of bloke that would have unconditional love for his son. Hang onto that- no matter what!

You are 'special', Dave. We all are, in our own unique way.

Take care out there, bro.

Rossco
    Last edited by DX grunt; 3rd August 2015 at 08:09 PM.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

AB (4th August 2015), Avo (3rd August 2015), cgm (3rd August 2015), Clunk (3rd August 2015), Cuppa (3rd August 2015), dom14 (4th August 2015), jack (3rd August 2015), LaughingBeagles (2nd November 2015), oncedisturbed (3rd August 2015), ova50 (3rd August 2015), Stropp (3rd August 2015), TPC (2nd November 2015), Woof (4th August 2015)

Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast