Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Looks like a good thing which could be copied in other work based environments. Shame it's not in every states. There's a lot more to you than just being a pisshead chili munching bogan. goodonya mate. Have a well earned break & stay safe.
    Last edited by Cuppa; 20th June 2014 at 11:15 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (23rd June 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes we need to slow down and check on each other. Words too can push people over the edge as words of encouragement can save someone.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (21st June 2014), PMC (21st June 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After everything that has gone on with me this year I am managing to stay the course and keeping upbeat.

I find this place a great help and deal with my stress by having a laugh (I know there are some that dont get that) and being able to talk out loud to a bunch of normal blokes.

I know from reading on here there are others that are doing it much harder than myself and with some serious issues they must deal with and this puts things in perspective.

Its not so much the "Suck it up princess " thing but more that although this year has been one of the toughest I have had to deal with in 20 years it is all manageable and there is light and the end.

My health issues that have come on in the last year pale in comparison to some of you and what you go through and deal with on a day to day basis is inspiring.

Some stuff I have to deal with very soon have lost there edge as far as worry goes and the way I deal with it has changed... I have had some good advice from members on this forum and referred to family members for legal or emotional ... so thanks guys and gals !!!!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (23rd June 2014), PMC (21st June 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,655 Times in 3,122 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right. There are people out there doing it much harder..
    But I'm like you in a way. Mid last year I stopped worrying about life.
    Shoit happens. You just gotta deal with it, manage the issue and move on..

My no1 issue still is money, but that's our mistakes as young adults.. We can't change it, we just gotta manage and fingers crossed once this round if house renos are done it'll free up some serious cash flow..

This was a poem read at the funeral Wednesday and it rings true in my ears..

The Dash
    by Linda Ellis

I read of a man who stood to speak
    at the funeral of a friend.
    He referred to the dates on the tombstone
    from the beginning...to the end.

He noted that first came the date of birth
    and spoke the following date with tears,
    but he said what mattered most of all
    was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time
    that they spent alive on earth.
    And now only those who loved them
    know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own,
    the cars...the house...the cash.
    What matters is how we live and love
    and how we spend our dash.

So, think about this long and hard.
    Are there things you'd like to change?
    For you never know how much time is left
    that can still be rearranged.

If we could just slow down enough
    to consider what's true and real
    and always try to understand
    the way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger
    and show appreciation more
    and love the people in our lives
    like we've never loved before.*

If we treat each other with respect
    and more often wear a smile,
    remembering that this special dash
    might only last a little while.

So, when your eulogy is being read,
    with your life's actions to rehash...
    would you be proud of the things they say
    about how you spent YOUR dash?
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (21st June 2014), Evo (26th June 2014), Gecko17 (23rd June 2014), mudnut (21st June 2014), PMC (21st June 2014), relyimah (29th June 2014)

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 881 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    After everything that has gone on with me this year I am managing to stay the course and keeping upbeat.

I find this place a great help and deal with my stress by having a laugh (I know there are some that dont get that) and being able to talk out loud to a bunch of normal blokes.

I know from reading on here there are others that are doing it much harder than myself and with some serious issues they must deal with and this puts things in perspective.

Its not so much the "Suck it up princess " thing but more that although this year has been one of the toughest I have had to deal with in 20 years it is all manageable and there is light and the end.

My health issues that have come on in the last year pale in comparison to some of you and what you go through and deal with on a day to day basis is inspiring.

Some stuff I have to deal with very soon have lost there edge as far as worry goes and the way I deal with it has changed... I have had some good advice from members on this forum and referred to family members for legal or emotional ... so thanks guys and gals !!!!!!!
    G'day Jonathon,

If you don't think your bloody anxiety, depression, sadness and stress impact your physical health, think again. All of these emotions trigger chemical reactions in your body, which can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system. You must learn how to cope, my fussy-arsed friend. There will always be dark days ahead of us.

That's the thing about farken depression mate, a human being can survive almost anything, as long as he/she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end. The darkness is like Collingwood winning a farken grand final. lol

PS, you know mate, you have a place to come up and stay, I am just a phone call away! the poet lol

Regards,

Paul
    The halls been rented the bands been paid, time to see you dance!

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PMC View Post
    G'day Jonathon,

If you don't think your bloody anxiety, depression, sadness and stress impact your physical health, think again. All of these emotions trigger chemical reactions in your body, which can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system. You must learn how to cope, my fussy-arsed friend. There will always be dark days ahead of us.

That's the thing about farken depression mate, a human being can survive almost anything, as long as he/she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end. The darkness is like Collingwood winning a farken grand final. lol

PS, you know mate, you have a place to come up and stay, I am just a phone call away! the poet lol

Regards,

Paul
    Dont worry I have never been under the illusion that they are not connected but the side of things I have been worried about are things I need not... the things that have worried me as far as health goes have all been answered as my main fault was not seeing a doctor and coming up with all the worst things in my head... this is why I was relieved I only had arthritis in my rib cage and not an alien eating its way out or cancer or???

My back pain pails compared to what John goes through and the shit you go through so I need not worry or be depressed about these things... my moto this year is "Onwards and upwards"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (23rd June 2014), PMC (21st June 2014)

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Dont worry I have never been under the illusion that they are not connected but the side of things I have been worried about are things I need not... the things that have worried me as far as health goes have all been answered as my main fault was not seeing a doctor and coming up with all the worst things in my head... this is why I was relieved I only had arthritis in my rib cage and not an alien eating its way out or cancer or???

My back pain pails compared to what John goes through and the shit you go through so I need not worry or be depressed about these things... my moto this year is "Onwards and upwards"
    Good onya mate!

As previously stated, your more than welcome to come up for a stay or holiday with my family in Coffs Harbour.

Regards,

Paul

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PMC For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (21st June 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also found that the vibration of 18.98 Hz can cause depression and sadness. We can't hear it but the body feels it. A lot of study has gone into this sound wave frequency. It's also what makes people see ghosts......that frequency will also shake your eyeballs slightly, enough to give an illusion.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

PMC (21st June 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Looks like a good thing which could be copied in other work based environments. Shame it's not in every states. There's a lot more to you than just being a pisshead chili munching bogan. goodonya mate. Have a well earned break & stay safe.
    Hahahahahahahaha surprise I'm a responsible alcoholic
    Being "suicide aware",it's all part of the "package" of being a HSE professional
    Suicide in the construction industry is 3x higher than the national average and 6x higher for blokes under 25. We spend (as a lot do) more time everyday with our work mates than with our families so really should be able to recognize if someone a bit off. My mates lad suicided just recently (18yr old construction worker ) left a lot of grief behind. Some if these people are now using the services of MIC. The aim is for it to become an Australia wide program for our industry.

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NP99 View Post
    Also found that the vibration of 18.98 Hz can cause depression and sadness. We can't hear it but the body feels it. A lot of study has gone into this sound wave frequency. It's also what makes people see ghosts......that frequency will also shake your eyeballs slightly, enough to give an illusion.
    What's this got to do with your former employment at the Arnott's biscuit factory. lol

Regards,

PMC

Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast