Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Depression

If ok I would like to start an anxiety thread actually. I'm a head case anxiety sufferer and would live some feedback on others ways to deal with it...lol

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (1st February 2013), MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013), ova50 (3rd February 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    If ok I would like to start an anxiety thread actually. I'm a head case anxiety sufferer and would live some feedback on others ways to deal with it...lol
    Anxiety/depression......what ever, it needs to be made a sticky, please.

Thanks in advance.

Take care out there.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

AB (1st February 2013), MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Depression

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Good idea mate
    TD42 turbo GQ - ironman snorkel - 4 inch flexy coils - 6" shocks - 3" straight exhaust - pyro and boost gauges in A pillar- uhf - winch - sunraisers - Bluetooth - spotties - front lokka

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel-Mate For This Useful Post:

AB (1st February 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea AB, but I reckon BA might already have beaten you to it. ;-)

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

AB (1st February 2013), MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ab WHEN YOU PUT THE NEW STICKY UP CAN YOU INCLUDE THE CONTACT DETAILS OF "beyond blue" in Vic not sure of other states. It's 13 11 44 or similar
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

11. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling better this morning... want to go shoot?????

Maybe Winnie for getting a TD42......

It's funny (not really) how many men are affected by depression, I knew it was a lot more than people admit and the aussie attitude of not showing weakness does not help.

I dont want us blokes to turn into a bunch of sooky lala's but there has to be a way in which we as a society know how to cope and help others that are affected.

It is usually the ones closest to us that dont know how to deal with it????

My kids drive me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    ... want to go shoot?????
    Plenty of bunnies down here. My rifle needs sighting in though, haven't hit a thing in ages, except with the shottie.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Plenty of bunnies down here. My rifle needs sighting in though, haven't hit a thing in ages, except with the shottie.

Cuppa
    Would be happy to have a coffee and shoot some bunnies!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Men's health issues are slowly coming 'out of the closet' more and more, and being talked about - by blokes - which, in many cases, can be quite healthy.

I used to be quite reserved about lots of things, but am slowly opening up - which is helping me, too.

Thank you to everybody who has commented on and read this thread.

My prayer is that at least one person has benefited from this thread and will seek help, if need be.

If you have any doubt about your mental health, or you, your close friends and/or family have noticed a change or changes in your well being, please, seek professional help.

There is no shame in seeking professional help. I've done it. On one occasion, my wife read the 'alarm bells', and another time, I sought my own help.

We are not bad people, but sometimes we may need a bit of help to get back on track.

Take care out there.

Rossco
    Last edited by DX grunt; 2nd February 2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013), patrol2.8 (5th February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after a long read and a lot of encouraging post I am feeling like there is a lot of support out there. Maybe we Australian men aren't as closed as they say we are. Now to BloodyAussie I want to say I do know what you are going through. I want to encourage you that there is a light at the end of deep dark tunnels. A while back I myself descended into a complete state of depression, and like you, I consider myself smart enough to read the symptom, hell, I even studies psychology and counselling at uni. Non the less I got so bad that I stood on the side of Old Mandurah Bridge in full motorcycle leathers and helmet and pondered the idea of ending it. I used to say that is weak, but when you are that depressed all logic leaves you. I had lost my business, separated from my wife, lost a public position I held for 18 years, had criminal charges against me, and 99% of my friends deserted me. I felt truly alone and could see absolutely no other answer. Yet here I am 5-6 years later with a lovely wife who loves me. So how did I get I get through? I really cant pin it to anything other than people. I discovered life is about living and being involved with people. Everything else is just a distraction. Now days I don't go through anything alone. If I was to quote or say any one thing to you it would be from my namesake "The Godfather" When a man came to seek help from Don Corleone, he ask how much it would cost. THE GODFATHER said, "only your friendship"; meaning friendship is priceless. By the sound of it and this thread, you my friend have many friends.
    Many, many friends.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the godfather For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (5th February 2013), ova50 (5th February 2013)

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast