User Tag List

Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terribly sad situation, hopefully he's now at peace but you're right in that there ARE so many people out there who care and who are willing to just sit & hold your hand.

My brothers candle was extinguished when he was 21 in a very similar manner to your mates boy. It's heartbreaking to think how lonely he (they) must of felt to do that so young.

I am a survivor of child sexual assault from my father. I also thought about the same end result and how to do it for many many years. Then he topped himself when it all came out .... (My brother left us a year later)

At 35-36ish my turn on that wheel had come and I just gave up on life. I too tried, the pain of life had just gotten to much - I failed obviously and was locked up in hospital ward with 24/7 watchers for about 3wks, couldn't even pee on my own.

The pain I caused my family and my children will haunt me forever - especially since it followed the suicide of my father & my brother. I think now "how the fork could I have even considered that an option - I have SO MUCH to be grateful for, to live for!!" yet at the time I was just drowning in my sorrow and untreated chronic depression.

I so dearly hope his mates who attended today's funeral service learn from this/his tragedy and don't ever feel lonely enough to take this path

Thinking of You all
    Sharen
    Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2TROLLFAM For This Useful Post:

mudski (11th May 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling a bit down with everything of late.... mainly money... car costing so much and not able to work like I should.

Every time I think I can just keep going with the business and put in a hard day I spend 3 days in pain.

Mags telling me in the last year how she loves working 4 days a week and now she has to go back full time.

I spend so much time looking at my bloody fuel gauge... lol ???

People who my mum owed money to are hassling me also.... being taken to VCAT... bullshit !!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know what to say. We both know money can put a lot of pressure on families.

Chin up, you have probably gotten through it before and you will this time.
    In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Family4x4 For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (28th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geeze mate I feel for ya. You've had a bad run for sure.
    Have a look on google for money saving tips. I know a lot are simple like don't eat out as much, etc. But there are some good ones like make a meal plan for the week, and set your budget.
    Try and setup direct debits and be one month ahead, this one is difficult but once going saves lots as most companies have a pay on time bonus, so cheaper bills..

And one I've really noticed for me, I've turned my hot water service down 10 degrees, from memory was 70, now 60..
    Didn't notice a change at all, but knocked 1/6 off our quarterly bill..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (3rd June 2014), Bloodyaussie (28th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hassling you so soon after your Mum's passing= heartless bastards. There isn't a great deal I can do to help you, mate, but know I am here if you want to PM me and get it all off your chest.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Chin up BA this can only make you stronger, get advice re your mothers debts that's all I can say at this stage.
    You and your family will endure this and come out the other side shining
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

12. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to hear that mate, unfortunately there are people who want money and dont care who owes it or whats happened to them or the family. Dont know what to say except keep plugging away mate and keep your head up.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man that really sux. How can they chase you for your mums debt??? I feel your pain we have been trying to claw our way up the ladder for the last 5yrs now and every time the light appears something comes along and blows the globe, the only thing is we have started to see the light even if very briefly. You may not be able to see it anymore but you and Mags are the kind of the will make the light appear again.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Live life, Love life.
    Snatch straps on towballs can harm and/or kill!!!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to krbrooking For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (29th May 2014)

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 881 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Trendsetters,

I am currently going through a dark period in my life due to chronic illness. (Crohns disease and Colorectal cancer i.e. polyps.) They certainly have been both emotionally and practically challenging times to say the least for my family and I.

I turned 50 three and a half years ago and my world suddenly turned up-side down. At present it has been an emotional roller coaster ride for both my family and friends.

I have found that when you hit rock bottom you need to change focus and try something else in life in an attempt to change course from bad hopefully to good times.

All I want in life is to get this farken disease into remission, so that I can have a quality of life to share with my family and friends again.

I have learned from my experience at present, that all the money and all the toys are useless to you, unless you have good health.

If any forum member has a cure for what I am currently going through (apart from a bullet) I will gladly give you my Patrol, Camper trailer, Boat and all the other toys that I have in my possession.

All I want is to be able to do normal things again. i.e., being able to play with my children, be able to go beach fishing, be able to go for a long walk, be able to ride my mountain bike, being able to work in my garden with-out being fatigued and wanting to go to sleep, be able to go to the movies, be able to catch up with forum members and have a few beers and finally being able to work on my Patrol.

As a species, we take life for granted and not give it the respect it deserves!

Kind regards,

Paul
    The halls been rented the bands been paid, time to see you dance!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PMC For This Useful Post:

cgm (5th June 2014), Clunk (5th June 2014), Evo (7th June 2014), Gecko17 (9th June 2014), mudnut (5th June 2014), Stropp (5th June 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,

My sister went through some serious depression and suicide attempts. She actually has been published in a story in marie claire released today. If your missus reads the mag check it out, her name is Hayley Purdon.

Nic
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (5th June 2014), Clunk (5th June 2014), mudnut (5th June 2014), MudRunnerTD (20th June 2014), PMC (5th June 2014), Stropp (20th June 2014)

Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast