Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krbrooking View Post
    This week l lost my Uncle to depression at the age of 46. He had suffered with it for a long time and then it got really bad. My aunt and him were going to counselling she had him on a mental health program and he also was on medication. When he took his medication he was doing well and then when he felt better he stopped it. My Aunt had spoken to his Mental health Carer and said that she wanted him admitted into hospital as he was not doing very well they said they deemed him fit! That was on the Monday and two days later he is no longer here. All I am trying to say is when you have depression most people put up blocks so know one knows what is going on in your life except maybe your wife or vice verser. Please talk to someone or call beyond blue or any other helpline and seek your doctor for advice. In Australia there is not a lot of money to help people in our mental health system and it fails!!!
    As I have gone through depression myself it is the most hardest thing l feel l have ever combated and everyday is a new day but by seeking help and the right tools you can do your best to combat it.
    ** All I am trying to say is speak up and find away of getting help.
    Thanks
    Tan, KR missus
    Wow mate. Deepest sympathy for you and the Family in this time.

It does help to talk.
    Ill be the first to admit my issues are pretty minor, many more are worse Off than me. But opening up to the wife has opened up both our eyes..
    The other day she said yes to 35" tyres!!! Not that I'm getting them but it nice to know my wife now appreciates some of my wants..

Anyway.. Were all here to chat..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (4th February 2014), krbrooking (4th February 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for your mate.
    And I'm really sorry about your uncle.

We are all human, we do break down at times. challenges and stresses of everyday life can
    accumulate over time to depression.
    As a long time sufferer of PTSD, I do know how difficult it is to cope with depression.
    You couldn't be in a better place to discuss these personal demons that we all deal with onetime or more in our life.
    Some of us struggle with depression, throughout our everyday life, and that is even harder.
    And you couldn't have picked up a better hobby to get away from unwanted demons in life.
    Getting into fourby's actually saved my life, even though my SWMBO says I take silly risks going solo most of the time.
    There's nothing like being in the middle of a nature reserve where you can close your eyes and listen to the music of trees, birds and the wind. I do meditate on it at times.
    If I've interpreted your nickname correctly, you'll do a better job at bouncing back to full spirit and joy in no time, than anybody I know, including myself.
    I agree with you totally, friends(or family) don't understand most of the time. They do the best they can, I think.
    Fact is that they aren't the best people to talk about your most inner personal issues at many times.
    Just being close make it difficult for them to understand, simply because they already have formed a rigid picture about who you are by being close to you and have trouble stepping down of that picture to see you from distance, as a human being, not as an uncle, dad, brother, son, etc. A humanistic therapist can do a better job in that case.
    I myself, talk to my cat sometime( weird thing to do), even though I know she hasn't gota clue what I'm talking about.
    Dogs are even better. When there's nobody around, start talking to the bastard and see how he's staring at your and trying his best to understand you. Even though they can't understand you verbally, they can feel you better than another human being in many occasions, and I'm not kidding about it. This is why we have cats and dogs as part of our family, not monkeys.

If you are into reading, I would love to recommend you a book that affected me positively.

"The Power of Now" Author - Eckhart Tolle

It's about spirituality and deals a lot with 'real' cause of depression, and pretty simple book to read.
    It's not a religious book. Eckhart Tolle suffered suicidal depression all his life, until he found a 'cure'.

Take care mate.

P.S. You can borrow it from library or I can send a pdf copy. I read books,magazines on my tablet(pdf format). find it lot easier.

P.S. While you having cuppa, think over and over about "Cuppa"s advice. He's more qualified than anybody to give you sound advice.
    Last edited by dom14; 4th February 2014 at 11:27 PM.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dom14 For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (4th February 2014), Gecko17 (5th February 2014), jack (4th February 2014), oncedisturbed (4th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Half an hour and $450 at the rheumatolist for him to confirm I have A. S. (ankylosing spondylitis). Now got to take Sulfasalazine (what ever the fork that is, some sulphur based drug) 4 times a day, for the foreseeable future as well as staying on anti inflammatories and pain killers, might just smoke weed instead. Weekly blood tests to make sure the drugs aren't forking with me liver and kidneys. Then go back and see him in 3 months time...... Happy days.

Anyway, can't grumble. Still alive and have my family, my GQ and a job.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (11th February 2014), Bloodyaussie (11th February 2014), Evo (11th February 2014), Gecko17 (11th February 2014), Stropp (11th February 2014), Woof (12th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Half an hour and $450 at the rheumatolist for him to confirm I have A. S. (ankylosing spondylitis)

Sounds like some type of sexual activity!
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Clunk (11th February 2014), Evo (12th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Sounds like some type of sexual activity!
    Hahaha it might have been worth it if it was bud

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Stropp (12th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i watched this video and i had an apiphany and it made me realise that i was really hurting my wife with the way i was acting recently and the i needed to change so i went back and saw my doctor and i am now in the process of coming of the anti-deppressants i was on and see how i go and may end up on another type of medication will have to wait and see, but i have come really close to getting a divorce because of the adverse affect of the medication was having on me and the way i was treating my family but i am lucky enough to have halted that train for the moment and now we have to wait a month to see if i can release myself from these drugs and get my moods and emotions back in check.

The Black Dog

please have a look at it, it explained me down to a T
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 12th February 2014 at 04:45 PM.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 93patrol For This Useful Post:

Clunk (11th February 2014), Evo (12th February 2014), MyGU8 (9th March 2014), PMC (12th February 2014), Stropp (12th February 2014), Woof (12th February 2014)

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 881 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    My deepest condolences on the loss of your uncle. The one thing I have always said, if you need to talk, there is always someone to listen. Sadly, this type of situation is one I have had to become all too familiar with over my years and one that has led me to battle the beauracracy and stigmatism that is mental health.
    X2

Regards,

RLI & FAMILY
    The halls been rented the bands been paid, time to see you dance!

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much can I fucking take....................... mum dies ... try to rebuild my car and wifes car gets stolen..... and a tonne of other shit...........fucking sick of it................. I feel I am going to snap!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    How much can I fucking take....................... mum dies ... try to rebuild my car and wifes car gets stolen..... and a tonne of other shit...........fucking sick of it................. I feel I am going to snap!!!!!!!!
    Geeze mate. That's not good. Hope they catch the ass holes.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    How much can I fucking take....................... mum dies ... try to rebuild my car and wifes car gets stolen..... and a tonne of other shit...........f*cking sick of it................. I feel I am going to snap!!!!!!!!
    Hey Jonathan, that's f*cked mate, don't let it get you down mate, better times ahead.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 12th February 2014 at 04:37 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PMC (12th February 2014)

Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast