Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why depressed mate. I went through it last year. family?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depression

I have been suffering for 3 years and only now getting on top of it and slowly reducing the amount of anti depressants I have been taking. It is a debilitating sickness but it is treatable. To any one who says toughen up princess in a serious(not a joking/helpful manner) don't understand. Big respect for stepping up and sharing thanks mate. And to all the other lads on here for the support being shown it means a lot to see this

Cheers boys(and ladies)

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 93patrol For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (1st February 2013), PMC (2nd February 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 93patrol View Post
    I have been suffering for 3 years and only now getting on top of it and slowly reducing the amount of anti depressants I have been taking. It is a debilitating sickness but it is treatable. To any one who says toughen up princess in a serious(not a joking/helpful manner) don't understand. Big respect for stepping up and sharing thanks mate. And to all the other lads on here for the support being shown it means a lot to see this

Cheers boys(and ladies)

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy
    I would never say that to someone... a good mate of mine topped himself a few years ago and he was so loved by all his friends and family and he loved them but it was not enough and one day the bipolar got the better of him and he ended it..

I struggled with it for a bit as I was supposed to go round and help him out with 3 motorcycles he just bought from the auction...????????????

When thinking of charities to donate to on behalf of the forum in future this is worth considering, eg meet up or ???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW.......... first,thanks BA for opening the door on this issue.
    I was at a stage in my life where i was always grumpy yelling at my wife and kids all the time,no matter whatever i did i just did'nt feel happy.
    Now i have never had thoughts of selfharm BUT often when i was driving to or from work i would find myself thinking about just driving untill i run out of fuel and see where i ended up and then go from there,i honestly thought no body would miss me.
    My wife convinced me to go the doctor and i was told i have depression,nuh not me no way im a happy guy like a good laugh and shitstir ive never tought about killing myself,the doc gave me some paperwork to do and when i sat down and read it i realived that alot on that sheet was ME.
    I never spoke to any mates about i thought it was consdiered weak and would often think to myself toughen up you weak prick get over it,but once it has you it won't let go.
    As it is my family and and a handfull of good mates are the only ones that know.
    After reading this im not alone and weak,so thanks BA
    A GOOD MATE WILL BAIL YOU OUT OF JAIL, A BEST MATE WILL BE SITTING NEXT TO YOU SAYING YEP WE F**KED UP

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chester For This Useful Post:

jack (1st February 2013), MudRunnerTD (1st February 2013), PMC (2nd February 2013), Sir Roofy (1st February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont worry about the doc, and your gun license, talk to him/her or it ( LOL ) I never went done the medication path, turns out I was a diabetic hence and depression was a side affect of body sugar issues.. better to be safe and sorry.. its not like your gonna walk in and say hey doc " I have a gun and Im think I have depression" , if you say that you may as well swear and tell him that you own a.... cough cough PRADO ( sorry for swearing guys )
    I am spending my children's inheritance on my 92 GQ PATROL .. and by the time they get it, it will have way to many kilometers on the clock, and it wont be worth anything

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude. you will be ok. just have fun with your kids as much as possible. thats what i do. you cant forget the past but you can work on the future

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peric77 For This Useful Post:

AB (1st February 2013), MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,757 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Depression

Sorry ba I'm on the phone and can't type much, I don't get the black cloud much because we live in Australia!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like another trip to paradise is in the making mate. We have an awesome network here, live it up son. 90% of the population envy us bud, let's get amongst it!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depression

BA, though not depression I spent 2 years with anxiety tearing me apart.
    The moment of realisation was taking a client to a footy match.....sitting in the stand with 70,000 others I felt like the only person watching.....so wrong.
    The biggest step I took then was to speak to my GP who put me onto a councillor he knew. Best thing I ever did!
    Unfortunately I have had further health issues the last 6 months that hopefully I'm almost out the other side of but I remember those years of anxiety as if it were yesterday....
    Like everyone here, always here to help out if you need it.

Tap this.........

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Depression

Iv had 3 mates end it in the last year due to depression and currently trying to help another family member through it. It's a serious matter that I think should not be shrugged of or put to the back of list to sort out later. You first need to accept there is a problem and make sure you tell your close family and friends about it. Go to the doctors. Be proactive, get out 4wding, start a hobby, just get out of the usual routine and spice it up a bit. Remember there are many people that care about you and would do anything to make you happy again. Also you live in an awesome place with many opportunities. When you think of past friends and family remember the good times you had. Always share how you feel mate, either on this forum or peers, its good to get it off your chest instead of dwelling.
    TD42 turbo GQ - ironman snorkel - 4 inch flexy coils - 6" shocks - 3" straight exhaust - pyro and boost gauges in A pillar- uhf - winch - sunraisers - Bluetooth - spotties - front lokka

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diesel-Mate For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013), PMC (2nd February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I've never seen so many open up about "it". I've been diagnosed since my 1st born was a few months old, she is now nearly 2 and a half, I've probably suffered longer but never really known it. I do now and I see the signs of it almost every day. The depression for me is one thing, but the anxiety is crazy, My head just cant let go of things and it really screw me up. I've been medicated for probably 2 years now and only take a small dose (20mg) it doesn't seem much but if I miss 1 day I can really see how bad I used to be: grumpy/agitated/restless etc.

I don't have many real friends where I am now, we had to move away from Sydney because it was getting too much for me (possibly the 1st real sign that I didn't pick up on) I'm lucky in a way as my father-in-law suffers from it, and my wife had been medicated for 12 years but she beat it and got off them to have our kids. Thank you for opening up this for everyone to read/post, Sometimes its just little things like this that help out.

Recently I've found tinkering in the garage/doing something with the patrol after dinner when the kids have gone to bed is good and gives me a bit of a release that balances things a bit.

I've probably just rambled of a whole heap of garbage here, and if it makes no sense at all forgive me

thanks guys!
    regards,
    Eric.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trekster For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd February 2013), ova50 (3rd February 2013), patrol2.8 (5th February 2013), PMC (2nd February 2013)

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast