Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you feel the urge to vent mate this is the place plenty of ears to listen or if you wanna chat it out on the phone i can PM you my number.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 93patrol For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th March 2013), Woof (20th February 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Guys I am one of the lucky ones as I don’t suffer from Depression. I have had my fair share of troubles over my lifetime but those troubles have never depressed me. (Just made me more Grumpy). Being a Computer Programmer forces you to think very Black & White which translates into your Life ie any troubles are there to be solved and not brooded upon. We have a number of Friends that suffer from Depression and unfortunately I have no idea how to help other than to offer a shoulder to lean upon and therefore if I can ever be of help to anyone please ask and I will listen and help in any way I can

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

93patrol (19th February 2013), Cuppa (8th March 2013), Woof (20th February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well Bob thats the best way to help it always feels good to talk to someone whos not in your immediate contact zone sometimes as it lets you vent out what is depressing/affecting you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 93patrol For This Useful Post:

Woof (20th February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depression

Got this off twitter today interesting read on using smart phones and tablets to recognise when your heading downwards.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/...#ixzz2M6LbVwdZ

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUMP

I'd just like to ask how everyone is going/doing today? hope all is well.

There hasn't been much comment on this thread lately and I don't want people suffering from depression to think that they are forgotten, we need to keep this discussion going.
    Need to remember that it may not be you suffering from this, it could be your wife, girlfriend, partner, family member etc. please don't forget them.

Also it's International Women's Day today so don't forget to do something special for your wife, girlfriend, partner, mother, sister, daughter etc.

Cheers
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (10th March 2013), lorrieandjas (8th March 2013), MudRunnerTD (8th March 2013), Stropp (8th March 2013), Woof (8th March 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depression

I am struggling with pain at the moment. I have a bulged disc in my lower back and it is causing severe nerve pain in my left leg. Have been off work since Xmas and it has been an emotional roller coaster. I am booked in for surgery on Monday but over the last two weeks my pain has been increasing. It got so bad on Wednesday night I had to call an ambulance and get a morphine injection. I am constantly in panadene forte and diazepam, and today my GP gave me a morphine patch. Knowing I have surgery coming up has helped keep my spirits up. But I am at a point now that I can not do anything at home. And even after surgery I have to wait 4 weeks before I can do any more than walk and lay in bed.
    My wife and I have a 10 month old baby and I can't even pick him up at the moment and won't be able to for another month. It is really taking its toll on her and even though she does not blame me I can't help but feel guilty. All I can do is lay in bed and she has to do everything. I try to tell her that I appreciate all she does for me but I wish I could do more. I can see she is burning out and I don't want that to happen.
    Last edited by Dominator; 8th March 2013 at 10:19 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dominator For This Useful Post:

The BigFella (9th March 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate I feel for you and hope the surgery does what it should... as for being laid up except it do not rush it as that could undo all the work the doctors have done..

I was laid up with a double hernia and I felt useless around the house.

As for back pain I have been going through a heap of it and last night went and got some bloody strong deep heat type stuff that would knock a horse on its arse... wife has had enough and has ordered me to go and get another opinion..

For me it is a bit up and down ... every time I think I am winning something else comes along and gives me a smack in the mouth, funny that!!!

Any way chin up!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

The BigFella (9th March 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Depression

Here's me best mate, he's a little depressed today as he had to pay a visit to the vets......... Today he suddenly developed a huge lump in his neck which wa basically the size of my 2 fists. He was fine first thing this morning, then we noticed it when we got home this arvo........ Took him straight down the vets, they obviously had to clipper his neck to see what the problem was. Could see no underlying cause but they lanced the lump an managed to drained around 500ml of fluid. He's now on some painkillers, anti inflammatories and antibiotics. Still has the hole for the fluid to drain out of, also been told that the area where the skin extended may well die, so will have to get that sorted if and when the time comes..... He's all good for now, just very quiet but fark me, it scared the bejeezus out of me.

Photos are post lancing

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Fruitloop (9th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depression

Bloody hell
    He looks like mine
    Mine looks depressed bit he's actually just tired
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362833265.836625.jpg

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Depression

Mine always looks depressed as soon as I try and take a photo and as soon as I put the phone or camera away, he comes out of hiding, ears pricked and happy as

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast