Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1085

Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry to hear that mate.
    It's a hard slug with the way things are in the "new world".
    Going back 5 weeks i was on my first cruise with the wife...we were on vayager,returned 18th march.it started before all the carona shit went down,first 5 days were the best time in my life,then it all went to shit.
    Spent the next 6 days floating around the ocean not knowing what was gonna happen.
    When we finally got home ,it was 14 days self isolation which was all good and neither of us got sick(thank fuck).after that our jobs were uncertain but thanks to the jobkeeper payments we've both still got our jobs....not that there's much happening at work but I'm not complaining.
    Then last friday after not hearing back from my best mate for a couple days i went round to check on him.i found him dead on the floor in his bedroom...genetic heart problem.
    Then yesterday after his funeral(ripped me up) the mrs gets home and instead of a sympathetic hug and some console, she has a go at me about needing to stack some firewood because she's arranged another load today.
    So to sum things up,everythings pretty fucked at the moment.
    I'll be ok,never been a quitter but this last few weeks is certainly challenging me.
    Stay safe everyone.
    Dean

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deano2506 For This Useful Post:

mudnut (9th April 2020), MudRunnerTD (9th April 2020), TPC (9th April 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano2506 View Post
    Going back 5 weeks i was on my first cruise with the wife...we were on vayager,returned 18th march.it started before all the carona shit went down,first 5 days were the best time in my life,then it all went to shit.
    Spent the next 6 days floating around the ocean not knowing what was gonna happen.
    When we finally got home ,it was 14 days self isolation which was all good and neither of us got sick(thank fuck).after that our jobs were uncertain but thanks to the jobkeeper payments we've both still got our jobs....not that there's much happening at work but I'm not complaining.
    Then last friday after not hearing back from my best mate for a couple days i went round to check on him.i found him dead on the floor in his bedroom...genetic heart problem.
    Then yesterday after his funeral(ripped me up) the mrs gets home and instead of a sympathetic hug and some console, she has a go at me about needing to stack some firewood because she's arranged another load today.
    I'll be ok,never been a quitter but this last few weeks is certainly challenging me.
    Stay safe everyone.
    Dean
    Hey Dean, you're doing well mate! Keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Deano2506 (9th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano2506 View Post
    Stay safe everyone.
    Dean
    That is a pretty average run mate. My condolences on your Mate and hope your ok. The fact you had to do the Welfare Check and discovered the poor bloke is testament you your friendship and your Character mate. Women can just have bloody blinkers on sometime mate. Your doing great. Take your time. Come here any time mate. we got ya.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Deano2506 (9th April 2020), mudnut (9th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumpity Bump Beautiful Folks!
    Crazy times we are all in together 2020.
    Professional help is available Nationwide and hopefully Globally too.
    From younger days horrible anxiety experiences I personally found just simply (venting/speaking/learning) to become my personal future restart.
    Take Care, Stay Safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Avo (8th August 2020), Cremulator (8th August 2020), Hodge (22nd August 2020), jack (7th August 2020), mudnut (7th August 2020), MudRunnerTD (7th August 2020), Rossco (8th August 2020), rusty_nail (8th August 2020), TPC (8th August 2020), Woof (23rd August 2020), Yeti's Beast (8th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Bumpity Bump Beautiful Folks!
    Crazy times we are all in together 2020.
    Professional help is available Nationwide and hopefully Globally too.
    From younger days horrible anxiety experiences I personally found just simply (venting/speaking/learning) to become my personal future restart.
    Take Care, Stay Safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love ya brother. We need to drink whiskey around a fire mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (7th August 2020), PeeBee (7th August 2020), Rossco (8th August 2020), rusty_nail (8th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Love ya brother. We need to drink whiskey around a fire mate.
    That is my favorite pastime

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found out that a friend of my son commited suicide yesterday. She was 18.

So sad.

All I could say to him was, whatever is going on just speak to someone, anyone and tell your mates that too.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (21st August 2020), Hodge (22nd August 2020), MB (22nd August 2020), mudnut (21st August 2020), rusty_nail (22nd August 2020), TPC (21st August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just putting it out there.

I have really been struggling this year.

Some know most of my year but between isolation, especially from interstate friends and family we usually see every few months, a miscarriage early this year, making some poor job decisions(leaving stable employer to seek trade qualification and have had two untrustworthy employers since), ongoing house renovations and and overwhelming task list for it, going through three cars in 12 months due to serious mechanical failures, struggling to support a family and mortgage on an apprentice wage while being the rock of my family the last 8 months have taken their toll on me. Needless to say I have bitten off far more than I can chew.

I have recently started taking antidepressants, they are helping although they just dull emotions. Now finding it very hard to get excited about anything. I speak to friends and all my troubles but nothing compares to just catching up for a beer at the pub type thing.

2020 has been a shit year and hard on everyone. Hopefully 2021 bring a better year

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (22nd August 2020), jack (22nd August 2020), jay see (22nd August 2020), MB (22nd August 2020), mudnut (22nd August 2020), MudRunnerTD (22nd August 2020), mudski (22nd August 2020), NissanGQ4.2 (27th September 2020), Plasnart (22nd August 2020), Rossco (22nd August 2020), TPC (22nd August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    Just putting it out there.

I have really been struggling this year.

Some know most of my year but between isolation, especially from interstate friends and family we usually see every few months, a miscarriage early this year, making some poor job decisions(leaving stable employer to seek trade qualification and have had two untrustworthy employers since), ongoing house renovations and and overwhelming task list for it, going through three cars in 12 months due to serious mechanical failures, struggling to support a family and mortgage on an apprentice wage while being the rock of my family the last 8 months have taken their toll on me. Needless to say I have bitten off far more than I can chew.

I have recently started taking antidepressants, they are helping although they just dull emotions. Now finding it very hard to get excited about anything. I speak to friends and all my troubles but nothing compares to just catching up for a beer at the pub type thing.

2020 has been a shit year and hard on everyone. Hopefully 2021 bring a better year

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Take care Nic, give Tegan and that beautiful baby of yours a big hug, it won’t fix everything but it will make you all feel better for it.
    We’re looking ahead to 2021, 2020 is a write off for sure.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (22nd August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear Nicko, yeah let's hope things turn around 2020 has certainly been a shit one. I think it's especially hard the way things have panned out in Vic it's certainly divided the nation, a bloke at work only just moved down this year from Queensland and stuck in lockdown in the cold and wet while mates in other states are somewhat at a norm. Should take pride in your place you've done an amazing job but know the feeling the list seems to be never ending and overwhelming but sure you'll make it amazing in no time. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (22nd August 2020)

Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast