Page 20 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some disturbing figures.....1/3 of soldiers based in Brisbane are suffering from depression or similar. That's only numbers recorded. The more we have places like here, men's sheds etc, we are heading in the right direction. As men we have been conditioned to suck it up......it's ok to talk about it and shed a tear. We'll done all of you that contribute here.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

macca (27th October 2013), oncedisturbed (27th October 2013), Stropp (27th October 2013), Woof (27th October 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NP99 View Post
    Some disturbing figures.....1/3 of soldiers based in Brisbane are suffering from depression or similar. That's only numbers recorded. The more we have places like here, men's sheds etc, we are heading in the right direction. As men we have been conditioned to suck it up......it's ok to talk about it and shed a tear. We'll done all of you that contribute here.
    It wouldn't surprise me if those numbers are on the low side, my father and 1 of my old school mates are both amond them. Mate even ended up putting on the green skin again so he could access support etc as there was very little in the outside world and struggled to cope. Now has a baby boy and things are picking up for him which is great news
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

NP99 (29th October 2013)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take my hat off to ya BloodyAussie
    Thanks for startin this thread and everyone else that has shared
    reckon i'll go see the GP tomorrow , so much that has been said here is so familiar

Cheers

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Outdbush For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (29th October 2013), Drew (29th October 2013), Drewboyaus (29th October 2013), jack (29th October 2013), MudRunnerTD (29th October 2013), threedogs (29th October 2013), Woof (29th October 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdbush View Post
    Take my hat off to ya BloodyAussie
    Thanks for startin this thread and everyone else that has shared
    reckon i'll go see the GP tomorrow , so much that has been said here is so familiar

Cheers
    Mate there are quite a few of us lost one's here in Perth that always keen to meet up like TD has mentioned
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

Woof (29th October 2013)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds pretty good to me , drop us a pm

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys.

Just been reading through this thread, and to be bluntly honest, it is F@$&ING UNBELIEVEABLE to find such courage to come out so truthfully and honestly with an issue that we (even myself) don't want to talk about because it's not the 'man' thing to do.
    It is difficult, even talking to my GP wasn't easy.
    Been down the meds route. Side effects weren't worth the changed mentality.
    Distraction has seemed to be my major savior.
    People not as much, distance myself and keep to myself a lot.
    Hopefully a few outings with you lot will change that!
    Once again, takes balls, and definitely applaud that mate.

Evo
    Cheers,

Evo

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Evo For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (29th October 2013), Drewboyaus (29th October 2013), Fruitloop (1st November 2013), NP99 (30th October 2013), oncedisturbed (29th October 2013), threedogs (29th October 2013), Woof (29th October 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evo, unfortunately it does take time. As with other's, I still go through it on a regular basis and unfortunately without meds, I would be a lot worse and also the support the minister has given when she could have bailed and not put herself through it all is a bonus.

www.swat4x4.com

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (29th October 2013), Evo (30th October 2013), mudnut (29th October 2013), NP99 (30th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have to say something that has bugged me for a week or so.

I was in a real low last Sunday week and needed to talk to someone so I rang beyond blue thinking I could have a chat and instead I was given more numbers to ring and it took a fair bit of working up just to ring them I couldn't bring myself to call the other numbers. I was lucky one of my work mates saw my predicament and pulled me aside for a good chat and helped me get through the low.

Now I thought Beyond Blue was a number to call to help not to pass you onto someone else which to me was very disheartening is this the norm with them or did I just get a dud?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 93patrol For This Useful Post:

threedogs (29th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I give 2 thumbs up to prince Harry for his work with wounded soilders , God only knows what these soldiers are/have been going through.
    Even our own Roberts-Thomson the VC medal guy, love to shake their hand and say thanks. This is 2013 we shouldn't be at war but the sad reality is we are.
    War ,thruth what is it good for,,,,,,,,, next verse is soooo true

My take on "Beyond Blue" was if feeling a bit down call them, maybe I was wrong, I had another number but don't call them now.
    I'm a believer in "CAMPFIRE VENTING" drink as much as you want say your peace, let others dissect it for you.
    Last edited by threedogs; 29th October 2013 at 03:55 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

93patrol (29th October 2013), oncedisturbed (29th October 2013)

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 881 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    I give 2 thumbs up to prince Harry for his work with wounded soilders , God only knows what these soldiers are/have been going through.
    Even our own Roberts-Thomson the VC medal guy, love to shake their hand and say thanks. This is 2013 we shouldn't be at war but the sad reality is we are.
    War ,thruth what is it good for,,,,,,,,, next verse is soooo true

My take on "Beyond Blue" was if feeling a bit down call them, maybe I was wrong, I had another number but don't call them now.
    I'm a believer in "CAMPFIRE VENTING" drink as much as you want say your peace, let others dissect it for you.
    G'day threedogs,

With due respect, your referral to "Roberts-Thomson the VC medal guy" is wrong! It is Benjamin Roberts-Smith VC MG. The following is his bio;

Benjamin "Ben" Roberts-Smith VC MG (born 1 November 1978) is a former Australian soldier and a recipient of the Victoria Cross for Australia, the highest award in the Australian honours system.[1] His Victoria Cross, together with his Medal for Gallantry awarded during a tour of Afghanistan in 2006, make Roberts-Smith the most highly decorated member of the Australian Defence Force and any other Commonwealth army in recent years.

Roberts-Smith was awarded the Victoria Cross for Australia for his actions during a helicopter assault into Tizak on 11 June 2010 as part of an offensive in the Shah Wali Kot region, while serving with the Special Air Service Regiment during the War in Afghanistan.[2] He was presented with the medal by the Governor-General of Australia, Quentin Bryce, in a ceremony in Perth on 23 January 2011.[3] In 2006, Roberts-Smith was awarded the Medal for Gallantry for a previous action in Afghanistan.

PS, stop drinking alcohol with your meds, it clouds your judgement!

Kind regards,

RLI
    The halls been rented the bands been paid, time to see you dance!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PMC For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (29th October 2013), jack (30th October 2013), macca (1st November 2013), MudRunnerTD (29th October 2013)

Page 20 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast