Thanks
    Thanked 4,887 Times in 2,393 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo View Post
    Howdy fellas.

Back in a hole again, doing my bloody head in.
    Downhill with pain and mobility, sitting and staring at the top of the walking stick that I need to use again...
    ring me home phone mate,,,i'll do me best to make ya laugh or fart.....honest....the least I can do
    I drive my wife's patrol......and i'm going to Licola...2018

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

Evo (12th April 2018), GQtdauto (11th April 2018), Rossco (11th April 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    ring me home phone mate,,,i'll do me best to make ya laugh or fart.....honest....the least I can do
    Now there's an offer too good to refuse Avo , he cracks me up .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Evo (12th April 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sending you a PM Avo .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Evo (12th April 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    I think I nearly messed my pants last time you made me laugh...
    Cheers,

Evo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Evo For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (15th April 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always feel ok to talk o someone - it makes a differnece

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fabs For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (5th May 2018), GQtdauto (15th April 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As already mentioned by others... figuring out you are depressed is the hardest because it sneaks up... recognising and admitting is the first step.. talking about it is the second and most important and that you have gotten there means you are moving up. Depression is a brain chemistry imbalance which does not reflect your resilience or inner strength. If you drink... DON"T... at least for when you are feeling down. For me in the last few years of my shitty marriage, shitty work and fear of providing for my boys.. I drank thinking it helped. It does not. After the hangover comes serious down feelings. Alcohol when you feel blue is not your friend... trust me... suicide attempts and run ins with the law taught me that. Getting older, injuries catching up... my left knee is a bag of chips... lower testosterone.. all these things take our will. To an extent we can work thru them. Give yourself a break.. be kind to yourself. You are not alone.

I found a great riding group who had all been thru this. Their support was what got me thru and out the other side. Looking back is frightening for me. I cannot believe how depressed, useless and unmotivated I was. The thing that started me on the right track was to talk. You are not alone. You have not failed. Shit happens is too widely used for its true meaning to be seen. Reach out. Help out with charity groups.. black dog... mens shed... know that you have a lot to offer.

When I first hit bottom it was the other guys climbing into my hole that changed me. Having people tell you what to do from outside is useless.... it is the people who have been there lifting you out that makes the difference. I know it is tough and it is hard to get motivated. Ask for help... but mostly get involved and offer support. The secret to happiness and fulfilment lies in others so don't shut your self down. Take the offers of a phone call.

All the best. It is a long road but it is worth it. Remember... ditch the grog... save it for the best times... not the worst.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PKF View Post
    As already mentioned by others... figuring out you are depressed is the hardest because it sneaks up... recognising and admitting is the first step.. talking about it is the second and most important and that you have gotten there means you are moving up. Depression is a brain chemistry imbalance which does not reflect your resilience or inner strength. If you drink... DON"T... at least for when you are feeling down. For me in the last few years of my shitty marriage, shitty work and fear of providing for my boys.. I drank thinking it helped. It does not. After the hangover comes serious down feelings. Alcohol when you feel blue is not your friend... trust me... suicide attempts and run ins with the law taught me that. Getting older, injuries catching up... my left knee is a bag of chips... lower testosterone.. all these things take our will. To an extent we can work thru them. Give yourself a break.. be kind to yourself. You are not alone.

I found a great riding group who had all been thru this. Their support was what got me thru and out the other side. Looking back is frightening for me. I cannot believe how depressed, useless and unmotivated I was. The thing that started me on the right track was to talk. You are not alone. You have not failed. Shit happens is too widely used for its true meaning to be seen. Reach out. Help out with charity groups.. black dog... mens shed... know that you have a lot to offer.

When I first hit bottom it was the other guys climbing into my hole that changed me. Having people tell you what to do from outside is useless.... it is the people who have been there lifting you out that makes the difference. I know it is tough and it is hard to get motivated. Ask for help... but mostly get involved and offer support. The secret to happiness and fulfilment lies in others so don't shut your self down. Take the offers of a phone call.

All the best. It is a long road but it is worth it. Remember... ditch the grog... save it for the best times... not the worst.
    Well said mate it's the realisation that you have a problem is the hardest for most and talking about it with friends will help
    Enormously, for those of us not working anymore regardless of age men's shed is a life saver .
    If alcohol changes your mood either way up or down yes stay off it as for me it just makes me sleepy .

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100