Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depression

Today I dropped my daughter off to school and was left with an empty feeling that I thought I had shaken last year.

We thought she started back on Monday and only found out yesterday she was to go today and it started to sink in then, I already miss her and in the past was never bothered and even welcomed it for a bit of space.

Last year I went through the worst depression I had in nearly 17 years and even though I was aware of what I was going through and recognized the symptoms I could not shake it, it was like a dark cloud over me and it would not go away.

I am not sure if it is the cold weather all of a sudden plus being so run down from our trip away but I felt that cloud again and it scared me a little.

I think I am smart enough and know I have a lot going for me that I would never go through the thoughts I went through when I was young, I just find it strange that I have such an understanding of it but the cloud is still there???

Friends never really understand, they say they do but don't.... I don't want sympathy just a friend that is unwavering and truthful to the end.

I have lot of new mates thanks to this place and enjoy the company and don't want to bring people down but voice my feelings out loud so they make sense and I don't burden my wife who has enough on her plate .

Anyway I will go make myself a cuppa and see where that takes me.

Thanks for listening...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Ok guys I have been on the phone with Beyond Blue and they have stated that the are more of a referral service guiding you in what direction you may need to take to get help eg: doctor, shrink, drugs and so on.

Now for those that need to talk to someone in the moment you need to

call the Life Line on

13 11 14

I will put this info in the first thread..

This is my update on the first page.........................

Update on services to call:

Life Line is the number you need to call for immediate help on 13 11 14

Beyond Blue is more of a referral service to guide you in the right direction as far as counseling or doctors or drugs (only call if you need to take it the next step)
    1300 22 4636

If you have other numbers send them to me with what they do and how they help and I will post it here on the first page

Remember to look out for the signs from a family member or friend and not be dismissive.

Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post

WA also has Crisis Care - 92231111

and Family Helpline - 92231100
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 30th October 2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added phone numbers to call

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

entilzah (31st January 2014), Fruitloop (25th October 2013), juzzs8 (23rd June 2016), NoRush (19th September 2014), ozzymalone (1st February 2013), patrol2.8 (10th August 2016), Rickie3 (21st January 2014), Ryank (25th April 2016), The BigFella (9th March 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admitting it is the first step to learning dealing with it mate, The biggest issue with most of us "Aussie Blokes" is we don't admit to our mates or self that we actually have an issue. Depression is something that we all suffer from even if we are not ready to admit it yet.

I think of it this way.. Depression is kind of like a tappet that rattles from time to time, you chuck in some new oil and it goes away for a bit, but until you take the rocker cover off and tighten it, the rattle will appear from time to time.

Dont be afraid of going to a doctor, and telling him what you have just told written above, they can help you....

I used to have the same issue, my GP helped me

keep ya chin up mate, there is light at the end of that tunnel your in ( if you want to find your way out )
    I am spending my children's inheritance on my 92 GQ PATROL .. and by the time they get it, it will have way to many kilometers on the clock, and it wont be worth anything

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mojo01 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (1st February 2013), Pearly (20th June 2014)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DONT ever be afraid to speak out
    Thats the biggest reason why many throw themselves of trees, because noone bothers to listen
    Sometimes you just need an ear to listen a shoulder to lean on ,and many in this day and age cant be bothered with that
    If you dont want to go public with issues , shoot me a PM,ive been threw this stuff and worse many times over, wont disclose on public forums ......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MQ MAD For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (1st February 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depression

Bud, I have experienced a similar feeling for the last 4-5 years and the things that work for me is talk to the dog and to remember to ride the wave, these feelings come and go and if I can ride them rather than getting sucked under it becomes so much easier.

Of course online gaming distracts well too
    ------------
    2008 GU 3.0 CRD Auto - Life's too short to eat bad food.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drew For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (1st February 2013), PMC (29th September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is a sickness as I've just been diagnosed myself.
    My BFF's look after me as will yours no doubt.
    Have never thought of taking the cowards way out
    But BA believe Me I know how you feel, for different reasons
    with the same outcome, Chin up PM anytime for a dribble
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

11. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussie. You have my support in thoughts as thats what the forum limits me to.

Mojo has a good tip about your Doc, even though I suspect you are aware of that. Sounds like you have been helped brfore and that help is still there.

My wife booked me into a Doc I hadn't seen before for a check-up. Turned out she had given him a heads-up that I had not been myself.

He put a few questions to me that caught me off guard, to which I opened up and the wieght off my sholders was enormous, took a while to get back to "normal" but it did work for me.

I really hope it does for you, listening to your baby girl tell you how much fun she is having at school might be a start.

One of your forum mates,
    Cheers
    Macca

13. The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Depression

Sounds like someone needs a punch in the neck;-)

Seriously though, we are all here to listen mate.
    Id try to avoid the round about of medication.
    Better lock in for the easter meet up and surround yourself with some of your new best mates.
    I know your smart enough to know it but, life is awesome, we live in the best part of the world. Surround yourself with the beauty of nature, the laughter of mates and the love of your family.

Punch depression in the neck:-)
    Hello from Under Down Under!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo01 View Post
    Admitting it is the first step to learning dealing with it mate, The biggest issue with most of us "Aussie Blokes" is we don't admit to our mates or self that we actually have an issue. Depression is something that we all suffer from even if we are not ready to admit it yet.

I think of it this way.. Depression is kind of like a tappet that rattles from time to time, you chuck in some new oil and it goes away for a bit, but until you take the rocker cover off and tighten it, the rattle will appear from time to time.

Dont be afraid of going to a doctor, and telling him what you have just told written above, they can help you....

I used to have the same issue, my GP helped me

keep ya chin up mate, there is light at the end of that tunnel your in ( if you want to find your way out )
    Spot on, Mojo

G'day BA

We all have different stresses and pressures in life, and sometimes it's the smallest thing that can trigger a reaction, positive or negative.

I've seen first hand how depression can slowly take a grip and hang on to people - including myself.

Depression can start subtly without realizing it, or full on.

At my work, we have specialized people who deal with our critical incident stresses. I have put my hand up for help,
    without hesitation - numerous times.

Please, seek professional help - sooner rather than later. It's amazing what/how much these professionals know and can help you.

You have a fantastic support network on this Forum, right here, to help you, too.

These links may help.

http://www.lifeline.org.au/

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?

Take care out there, bro.

Rossco
    Last edited by DX grunt; 1st February 2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added more info
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ba your not alone as you have just discovered you have lots of mates with and without
    talk to us mate start planning our yours next trip,it was a big w/end we had im drained
    as well but it was worth being up in gods country

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys I do appreciate it.... I find friends dont know how to cope with it and can even be dismissive of it.

I am not in any danger of anything stupid I have way to much to live for but do find it so so strange that I know what is going on and know that I love life but the feeling is still there??????

I dont want to go to the doctors for reasons that may sound odd to many but I have a gun licence and dont want to lose it... I enjoy hunting and feral control so this may affect that??

I rang the help line 17 years ago when I did plan to top myself and it was a massive help, I spoke to the lady for more than 2 hours and after felt this great weight lifted from me.

I was in outback NSW and away from my wife and it was the darkest I had ever felt.. I had planned to ride my motorcycle to the railway crossing at 1.15am as I knew the train would be past and was all ready to go when I fell asleep.... funny heh!!

It was that morning I rang for help and it was brilliant.

I think it is as DX stated the stresses of life sometimes they mount up a bit and the normal load we can deal with day to day get too much.

I think I am a bit run down from all thats been going on and need to eat some fruit and not drink beer, he he!!!!!

Page 1 of 109 1231151101 ... LastLast