Page 32 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    have had a crap week, last night shift i blew my stack and was ready to snot someone. back been on outers since with constant picnhing, hobbling etc and worse off today with lack of sleep. doing my head in
    Get to the physio or doc about your back mate. Back injuries suck big time. I'm 22 and have hurt mine 4 times the past 12 months. Physio each time and it picks me right back up again.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting depressed more every day just by looking at my Patrol sitting in the driveway

Got the time, just not the money or garage 2 do what I want 2 do 2 it
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,670 Times in 3,128 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I'm getting depressed more every day just by looking at my Patrol sitting in the driveway

Got the time, just not the money or garage 2 do what I want 2 do 2 it
    I know that feeling mate. What was going to be 6 weeks for me is now pushing 8 months.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (5th December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    Get to the physio or doc about your back mate. Back injuries suck big time. I'm 22 and have hurt mine 4 times the past 12 months. Physio each time and it picks me right back up again.
    did 2 discs when I was 24 and now 33 physio hasn't helped much, was at the quack yesterday and meds haven't helped much, chewing them like tic tacs.

makes things a bit hard to do much let alone getting the troll offroad for a wheel
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    did 2 discs when I was 24 and now 33 physio hasn't helped much, was at the quack yesterday and meds haven't helped much, chewing them like tic tacs.

makes things a bit hard to do much let alone getting the troll offroad for a wheel
    Mate have a talk to your Dr about a procedure called nerve ablation. See details here - http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/jan12/clinical4.asp

I suffered crippling pain and have had NA twice now.....it gave me my life back
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

oncedisturbed (5th December 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    GeeZe 26, shoulda kicked him out years ago..
    I know what your going threw as my mum was the same. I didn't quite do Australia wide, but yorkes to my gambier. 700+ k drive, and when I was 17..
    She went threw a rough patch, but keep the phone calls up.. And Skype these days, always in touch.

I didn't realise you were in Melbourne. Always thought you were overseas. Dunno who I come up with that..

Anyway, your more than welcome for a beer if you end up in Adelaide over Christmas.
    My son doesn't live at home lol .. he has been self sufficient since the age of 18 .... at the moment he is only 2 hrs away ... better than 3 states away, but yea. Gives me an excuse to get out and about more I s'pose.
    Fruity by name .... Loopy by nature

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a so called "ergonomic assessment" a workplace "therapist" from the company that lasted 15 minutes to be told there is nothing they can do with seat and to suck it up and get used to a chair that is making the back worse.

Felling like crap now and struggling to walk, glad I biught the walking stick with me to work though
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's crap OD at my work place we get a work order and get the supervisor to go out and get a new chair if the old one is broken. Maybe go see a Physio as I believe they can write a note of some sort detailing what you'll need chair wise to sort your back out

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GP already issued a medical certificate stating an assessment needs to be carried out. He is a professor and a phd in ohs and occ health therapy. Will be going back to see him. Currently upto 300mg of tramadol for the day so far and not even taken the edge off.

I can't review this as I am ohs rep and don't want it to be seen as a conflict of interests.

Worksafe came through and PIN'd them at the start of the year and still nothing sirted even after we ran a risk assessment

www.swat4x4.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

93patrol (6th December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,670 Times in 3,128 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say a Chrio over physio.
    I've had a rather bad back injury in the last 12 month's and went physio.
    Was temporary relief but was making no improvement as such.
    Went to the chiro, straight up they sent me to x Ray. That showed I had a tilted. And slanted pelvis, and my lower disc had started to degenerate due to the time spent rooting around..
    5 sessions later and IT's a huge improvement.. Not 100% by anymeans, but I can atleast move again..

Anyway, that chair issue is BS mate. See a chiro and talk it over with them, and get them to suggest something.. Take that to the employer and if they don't take it onboard drop into the workplace ombudsmen. I'm pretty sure they have to make your work station as stress free as possible.. Even if you have to come to an agreement to meet costs half way, Its a good outcome.
    Put up with it is not..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Page 32 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast