Thread: Antenna mast/cord replacement

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Antenna mast/cord replacement

Not sure if this thread is meant to be here or not. If not, feel free to move.

Hi all,

There is little info that I could find on replacing the electric antenna mast on GQ Patrol/Maverick so I thought I would write my experience. Both the white-toothed cord (inside the mast) and the antenna mast were broken on mine.

According to some (on other forums and in a couple of Nissan auto part shops), it is as simple as unscrewing the locking nut, removing the black body seal, pushing the dash antenna button up, whilst pulling on the antenna mast to remove it. To put the new part in you pushed the white cord in and pressed the dash antenna button down. This way you don't have to pull everything apart.

Hmmm... Unless I am mistaken, I think people are telling porky pies… or maybe our scenario was just different.

In all honesty, it would have been easier pulling it all apart from the start. For the life of us, we could not pull the god dam thing out and spent the best part of 40mins trying to do so, almost by brute force at one stage. It was a lot quicker in the end simply pulling it all apart and putting it back together

So, here is my description of how we replaced the antenna mast.

Apologies for not taking pics etc but after 8-9 hours of fidgety work, a tutorial was the last thing on my mind. I will have to do the best with what I have.

This is a guide of our experience in fixing my antenna problem. It is not to be taken as gospel as it may not suit your car/antenna setup nor maybe the correct way either… its simply what we did.
    dave's 4x4 trips
    93 GQ Maverick with fun stuff

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ducer For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th January 2013)