Thread: Cooper Tyres worth the money

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Cooper Tyres worth the money

Tyre opinions are always like opening a can of worms. Me and a mate both have the Cooper stt's and think they are great tyres. Dad and another mate run the Cooper a/ts without an issue.
    My brother has the federal couragias in 35" and they have less grip than my Coopers.
    Two other mates (with patrols) have mickey Thompson mtz's and while I reckon they are quite grippy, it's only because they're so soft. Man they wear down quick!

FanTapstic!
    Hello from Under Down Under!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Tyre opinions are always like opening a can of worms. Me and a mate both have the Cooper stt's and think they are great tyres. Dad and another mate run the Cooper a/ts without an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    I havent had a real good run outa them in the past. Others have. Ive gone for Mickey Thompson this time round (come from the same factory as coopers) whicever you choose get 5 and rotate regularly for maximum longeviety
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    After having a Cooper AT delamenate the full length of tread off the car use at 100k/h while towing my camper with the family in the car and then have Cooper reject the warranty claim and offer me a hat as good will I will NEVER spend money on Cooper Tyres Again!
    ... and there you have it. Just like Taslucas says, the can she be opened

FWIW...
    Easily the best performing tyre I have had on my Patrols off road is Procomp.
    Easily the worst is Kumho.
    The second best after Procomp is a deadheat between Coopers and BFG... never had Maxxis, Mickey T's, Federals etc but I am sure they are good as well.
    Are Coopers worth the money? Mine were (but totally understand mudrunners view).
    Are BFG's, Procomp, MT's, Maxxis, Federal etc etc etc worth the money as well? Yes they all are.
    Which one too buy? The one you get the best deal on that suits your terrain, driving style, useage and vehicle set-up
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Kev223 (28th January 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cooper Tyres worth the money

Spot on about a can of worms..
    I reckon you can't beat the good old desert dualers for a AT tyre. Sure there a little old but I have never had an issue with them and they are great value for money.

Saying that my olds went to copper atr's when it became a road tourer and we've never had a issue.

I had to go stick a set of Goodyear wrangler atr's on due to cash shortage.. and I think ill be lucky if they reach 30 k on them. The coppers have double that already on the rear and still have more tread.

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    Geez you Patrol boys know how to roll!
    95 Rodeo Crew Cab Navara well body on the back Supercharged 3.5 DOHC V6
    Jackaroo chassis with YET ANOTHER broken CV.....
    GQ rolling chassis 'rectification works' to be applied shortly

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    My brother has the federal couragias in 35" and they have less grip than my Coopers.
    Two other mates (with patrols) have mickey Thompson mtz's and while I reckon they are quite grippy, it's only because they're so soft. Man they wear down quick!

FanTapstic!
    I concur. My Mickey T MTZs are sensational all round but I'll be lucky to get 30000 from a rotated set of 6.......I dont spare the right foot but even so...!
    95 Rodeo Crew Cab Navara well body on the back Supercharged 3.5 DOHC V6
    Jackaroo chassis with YET ANOTHER broken CV.....
    GQ rolling chassis 'rectification works' to be applied shortly

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    Sorry mate, had to, it had LC wheels lol.
    A set of Big horns, an Engel, and three good look'n chicks, what else is there??
    Cheers, the ferret.
    The rock sliders And Snorkel

I personally haven't heard bad repots about the New bighorns other than road noise, A bloke from work who's had Coopers, Mickey T's etc is going back to bighorns and he has the money to spare for more expensive tread so he's confident in them

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bit late on the reply here but thought i would share!!! i am on my second set of stt's... i wouldnt get anything else now.... over the years i have had M/T's and BFG's and the coopers for me run rings around them.... also the only tyres i have not done side wall damage!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper Tyres worth the money

One of my best mates who had ST's on his Prado had lugs coming off almost from day one.
    The distributor in Australia kept on blaming everything but the tyre and wouldn't replace them. Even in the face of Cooper USA apparently saying they would.
    It was only when I started a social media campaign that things changed, constant posting of pics and comments on the Cooper FB page....,I even set up a page and linked it to theirs called Cooper tyres are rubbish and they don't stand behind their product....
    Only took a few days of that for my mate to get a call from the disty in Aus saying how he had 5 new ST Max's for him and they would be fitted at no charge.....made it sound like he was doing him a favour....p#%k! It only took 2 years!
    As a result like MR there is no way I will put Coopers near my rig. BFG's and Micky's for me.......

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same company imports and distributes Coopers and Micky Thompson tyres
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard52 For This Useful Post:

taslucas (15th February 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper Tyres worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard52 View Post
    Same company imports and distributes Coopers and Micky Thompson tyres
    Damnation! Just as well I have BFGs on at the moment.....lol.
    That is a bit annoying though.....guess I'll just have to stick to KM2's

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast