Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drivers seething over stockton sand dunes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole thing seems a beat up, 5000 vehicles turned up way more than the expected 1500 so organising would have become a nightmare.
    Of those 5000 how many are actual 4 wheel drivers? And how many have been to Stockton and seen what it is all about.
    That sand mine is to the south of Lavis lane where the area is open and is basically a free for all to have fun how you like. There are some restrictions like not driving on middens, vegetation and the quad bike area.
    As for the camping area being closed, who wants to camp in an area where a large wave could inundate your camp and all the damage that goes with it?
    To the north it is basically only the beach area that is open to the public, back from there is Aborigional land that is closed at this time.
    We spoke to an Aborigional bloke and he told us they were fed up with National Parks collecting fees and not putting any thing back to the area or its people. How would you feel if you leased your property to a business that collects fees but doesnt pay for the lease?
    That was his story on the day we were in the restricted area, he showed us the way back to the beach and appologised to us for his people using us as pawns to pressure National Parks. We were in full support of their stand.
    I for one support the closure of Stockton as it is now untill nature returns the area to be able to be fully used again. I also support the Worrimi people taking a stand against the National Parks.
    I do not support that magazine and what it stands for. If they backed the Worrimi People that would get my support.
    They have been in our area shooting videos and asking our 4WD club to assist, they didnt get any from me!!!!
    Last edited by macca; 28th February 2013 at 07:21 AM.
    Cheers
    Macca

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (2nd March 2013), NP99 (2nd March 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont let the truth getting in the way of a good story.my understanding is that the money collected by national parks go`s back to the land council as well as inproving access and the employment of the aboriginal staff that work for national parks.these staff are members of the worrimi land council

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ns3474 View Post
    dont let the truth getting in the way of a good story.my understanding is that the money collected by national parks go`s back to the land council as well as inproving access and the employment of the aboriginal staff that work for national parks.these staff are members of the worrimi land council
    There was an Aboriginal Ranger on the beach that day with a non Aboriginal "assistant" who was doing all the work! checking beach permits was all she did!!!
    As you say the wages come from fees collected, from what I see of NP the money goes to their coffers first and distribution has no reflection of where the income came from. (e.g. South West Rocks)
    Please understand I have no respect or liking of NP in our area they are not there for the people of Australia, as a 4WDer and camper they leave a lot to be desired.
    In the years I have been going to Stockton I can not say I have noticed a lot of change to the access but I'm not there for the drive in either. The guy on the dunes that day sounded genuine but he may well have been "grinding his axe".
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    point taken

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and i think you will find like alll government agencies,the money goes back to the government not the NP pocket

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macca, your last statement may be a bit more on the money than you know, Stockton is controlled by 2 Aboriginal interests, NPWS have control of a small section of the entire beach, they are answerable to one of these entities only, not the government, it is the only agreement reached in Australia where this is the case, some elders are part of both entities but only a small amount of them, there is apparently some disagreement on how different sections are handled but NPWS has no say in it, all monies raised goes back in the beach & the land owners pockets, simple fact, the area the tour quides go into is Aboriginal land owned & controlled by one of the entities, NPWS is not involved in the area at all, alot of misinformation is splashed about in regards to Stockton & Watagans
    2002 3L GU Patrol, 2" lift, 33's, snorkel, dual battery, sliders, DVD, bluetooth

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Morton For This Useful Post:

macca (24th May 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Morton, it seems the arguments are more factional than factual.

Add uninformed but passionate editorial to the story and it gets more twists of untruths and deception than a chinese whisper.
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how long it is before we lose Stockton Beach altogether

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/18...mine-approved/
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,595 Times in 3,102 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea was reading that.. Something is very sus. The mayor has interests in it and by the sounds of it some big named lawyers are swooping to take the case On against the council and mining company..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12